Portable carport question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

demarpaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that we bought our new Jeep Liberty, I need a carport. I've garaged a vehicle for 20 years now and would hate to see it unprotected. Can anyone suggest a good tent type carport, that can stand up to snow and wind? I can't build an actual port because of permit issues and expense.

Thanks!
Frank D

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Merry Christmas,
My parents bought one of those free standing 10'x20' party tents 3 years ago for their VW Jetta Wagon and works very well!
They paid $125.00 for for it from a patio furniture store.
The only thing they don't use are the side walls with the windows. Why, I don't know!
Jen and I are going out next week and are going to buy one for our driveway. I plan on using the 2 of the 3 walls to add some privacy from the neighbors! Same store has them on sale for like $100.00 right now!
Mai reason we want one is that the neighbors have an apple tree that has branches hanging over our driveway and deposits leaves, apples, and bird shit all over the ground on our side of the fence. That, and the fact that our KJ is to tall to use the garage.
So yes, I highly recommend one.

Cheers

Jennifer & Ryan

demarpaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas,

I blew out the front of my garage to 8'x14' installed a custom door to get a full sized Ford E-150 in it, and it kills me to leave that van outside. But the 08 Jeep needs a home so the van goes outside. Pep-Boys ran carports in every weekly flier, and no longer runs them. I was concerned with wind and snow, will have to start looking at their ads again!

Thanks
Frank D

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,
We don't get a lot of snow hear, but when it does snow it's wet and heavy.
As far as wind, we get a lot. And the tent works well. My old man drilled into the concrete driveway and pinned it down with concrete fasteners. The other reason I don't use the garage is because I have a rally car tucked inside. (I should of added that in the last post!)
Ry