plug wires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im doing the rest of my tune up next week just did all the fluids (trans + filter, diffs power steering) im doing air filter, plugs, pcv, belt and tension and o2 sensors should i change the plug wires with the plugs, ive noticed i have a sort of rough idle it kinda idles like it has a mild cam sorta the only way i could describe it, it almost sounds like its miss firing at low rpms it has this loping sound think the tune up should take care of it?

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It couldnt hurt. Check the gap on your plugs too, after a few hundred miles they tend to blow open a bit.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
No plug wires in the KJ... you'd have to change the coil packs.

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh snap idk if i wanna pay for that unless they are cheap would that have to do with the rough idle? and does the fuel filter sit on the frame like every other car?

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i tune mine up i just do plugs. Very doubtful that youre idle issue would be cause by a coil pack without it throwing a trouble code. Lots of things can mess with your idle. Check your vac lines too but again you would probly have a cel if you had a vac leak. Most likely just need plugs

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
im doing the rest of my tune up next week just did all the fluids (trans + filter, diffs power steering) im doing air filter, plugs, pcv, belt and tension and o2 sensors should i change the plug wires with the plugs, ive noticed i have a sort of rough idle it kinda idles like it has a mild cam sorta the only way i could describe it, it almost sounds like its miss firing at low rpms it has this loping sound think the tune up should take care of it?

I don't think you need to change the 02 sensors if they are working. (no codes)

Rough idle with no codes? Plugs maybe so change them and use the OEM ones.

No plug wires on the 3.7L as mentioned.

Dave

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the fuel filter. But i have a feeling most chryslers vehicles dont have a serviceable fuel filter. You would have to change the the whole module in the tank. At least thats how my ram was

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my xj was on the frame but it was 90's and i am throwing a code for the O2 sensor

The filter is on the back of the tank. If you remove the 2 rear cargo hooks in the back and fold the carpet theres and access to the top of the tank to remove the lines then you gotta get under to remove/install the filter

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill check that out thanks i think im gonna replace my other CV axle while im at it im on holiday stand down i have nothing but time lol

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work plant operations for a huge health care system, here there is no such thing as down time haha

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in the navy in a direct support billet we dont do shit unless we are deployed plus its the holidays. just wish i made a bit more money haha

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No plug wires in the KJ... you'd have to change the coil packs.
Actually some do,if your KJ has the 2.4 gas engine you have plug wires and the 3.7 after '09 has plug wires.

'02-'04 KJ's have a serviceable fuel filter,I believe starting in '05 they axed it and only have the internal fuel filter that is part of the fuel pump.

Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
must refuse to, cant stop...

"Whats your rate?"

minimum wage.

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CTT3 (frocked) made that shit by 1 point if didnt have the MP I'd still be a ****** had to score 96th percentile to make it first time up you? Moms air corps? You talking about the chair force?