Picture request???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sconroy325

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am not sure if this would be the proper place to request this....but here goes..

I am really thinking about the OME/Rancho combo lift for my '04, however, I JUST put new tires on it less than 3000 miles ago. I am wondering if anyone can post pics of their rig with this (or similar lift) on factory sized rubber (235/70/16 in my case) as I am really wondering what it is going to look like. I don't want it to look horrible, but after taking a few trail runs now and having 60k on the factory suspension....i gotta do something....

Thanks a ton in advance and once again sorry if this is posted in the wrong area, or if I just didn't search well enough....

sconroy325

Reaction score
Thanks man!!!! It looks pretty damn good!!!

I assume you noticed a huge difference in overall performance as everyone else has stated?
Also how much did the front end settle after some time?

Once again I really do appreciate all the help!!!

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Go here!
Although it is a CGI image, it will give you a good idea as to what a 2.5 inch lift with the Factory "Offraod package" tire size will look like!
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29139
In my opinion, it looks too small with 235-70-16 tires. Either 245-70-16, 255-65-16, or 245-75-16 would look way better!
But then you have to ask your self, "What exactly am I after as far as these tires are concerned?"
Seeing you have a "Claimed 60K" on your factory suspension... OME and what ever shocks you want to spend your money on!
Then there is my favorite reply...
Who cares what it looks like! As long as you are happy with the proformance, looks, and what have you!
You will not have to worry about re-calibrating your speedo, transmission, and other such fun things like pinch welds, trimming plastic inner fender liners, fog lamp doors, etc, etc.
Then ask yourself if you really need a lift?
I've seen factory stock KJ's go places that modified KJ owners are scared to take their (And I use the term very lightly) "Rigs"!
Money that could be spent on better things.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks man!!!! It looks pretty damn good!!!

I assume you noticed a huge difference in overall performance as everyone else has stated?
Also how much did the front end settle after some time?

Once again I really do appreciate all the help!!!

Once the lift settles out, I lost about 1/2 "

Now that black Renegade has a Frankenlift not just OME coils.

sconroy325

Reaction score
Thanks again guys,

Ryan...I appreciate the link and I do understand what you are saying about personal preference. As far as I know the suspension is still the factory stuff (I am the second owner and I purchased it w/only 24k) and seems to be sagging quite a bit. I started looking into this as something to do rather than just replace oem equipment, as I have started to do some trail rides in New Hampshire that involve a good amount of "crawling" and at the height I am at my factory skids are getting quite the workout...
Do you (or anyone else) think that replacing the suspension with oem spec equipment would make a difference for me with the mileage I have and the added weight of the "Renegade" package...

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Thanks again guys,

Ryan...I appreciate the link and I do understand what you are saying about personal preference. As far as I know the suspension is still the factory stuff (I am the second owner and I purchased it w/only 24k) and seems to be sagging quite a bit. I started looking into this as something to do rather than just replace oem equipment, as I have started to do some trail rides in New Hampshire that involve a good amount of "crawling" and at the height I am at my factory skids are getting quite the workout...
Do you (or anyone else) think that replacing the suspension with oem spec equipment would make a difference for me with the mileage I have and the added weight of the "Renegade" package...

For the money, OME coil springs and OME shocks, or Rancho shocks.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
forgive me if this is an ignorant question...
but aren't they both spec'd out at 2.5"

Well they are in therory, but the Frankenlift has a poly spacer under the front springs that gives it a bit more lift than just OME coils alone would. In either way you go you are going to get at least 2.5" lift, more with the franky.

GoldDog53

Reaction score
When I got my tires (235's), i didn't have any plans to lift it. But things changed for the better.

You must be registered for see images attach

sconroy325

Reaction score
^^^I very much agree^^^

Once again thanks a ton for all the help and the photos guys!!

Now I just need to convince the "boss"......we'll see!