Picture Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do some posted Pics show up full size and yet when I upload mine they are small? Uploading 600X600 normally and they enlarge if you click on them ??

R.Rabbit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...down the rabbit hole just ahead of Alice.
it has to do with where you have them (which photo hosting website) also on whether or not you're linking the small pick to the bigger or using the big picture. btw, I think photobucket only allows you to link to the bigger with the smaller

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's better to have them smaller and clickable that way the people using dial up don't suffer as bad or at least it's at there own risk to click

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joeg said:
Why do some posted Pics show up full size and yet when I upload mine they are small? Uploading 600X600 normally and they enlarge if you click on them ??
It depends on the code you are using, NOT the hosting site.

You are pasting the thumbnail code from imageshack, not the image code.

If you want a full size pic, go to your members page at imageshack and paste the code that has the
You must be registered for see images
tag.

Also, resize your pics to 600 x 450 before uploading to imageshack. IMHO that is the ideal size to use on a forum. The pic is just the right size and you do not have to scroll the pic... and it is dial-up friendly.

The code you want to use is highlited in the example below...

Resized to 600 x 450 before uploading to imageshack and posting here with the

Your pic using the

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You...

I appreciate your feedback....................

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maddawg said:
it's better to have them smaller and clickable that way the people using dial up don't suffer as bad or at least it's at there own risk to click

Yeah, they're already suffering enough with the dial up. #-o