pics of beautiful western nc - 56k beware :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueRidgeKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
L.O.S.T. on the Blue Ridge Parkway , Western NC Mo
i posted these over at LOST but I thought i'd post a few pics here as well.. first day of spring we got snow.. ice.. and 20 degree temps.. here are some shots from last week of my daily commute..

this first one.. this is one of the members of my big animal family..her name is Daisy and she's a 6 month old golden retriever.. she rides with me everyday in the KJ.. anywhere i and the KJ go she goes..

You must be registered for see images attach

this next one..those of you that are also over at LOST and might of bought the LOST KJ Calendar.. will notice this is the same spot I always stop and take a pic off the Blue Ridge Parkway.. that dead tree is still standing..

this next one is the road up to Carvers Gap and up to Roan Mountain.. was very windy and cold..

this next one is the first day of spring here in western NC.. :) it was taken in Avery county where they have tons of christmas tree farms.. even with the dusting they got compared to the snow we got.. the trees were awesome.. i couldnt resist stopping and taking a few pics..

this next one i pulled off on the Blue Ridge Parkway at one of my favorite spots the same day as the pic above.. couldnt resist not taking a pic.. awesome drive this was..

this last one.. i pulled off right after the Crabtree Meadows sign.. if anyone ever wants to tent camp on the Blue Ridge Parkway and be within 1hr drive of some awesome hiking near Mt. Mitchell and be within 1hr from Linville Falls area.. and NOT be crowded like normal campgrounds.. this is the place.. there is also 1mile hike to the Crabtree Falls which is awesome as well..

hope you guys enjoy my pictures.. i have TONS more where these come from... everyday I see something new.. so my digital camera comes w/me all the time..

i love western north carolina 8)

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice pics..

My parents are retiring/moving to south eastern NC right next to the inter-coastal waterway so I hope to travel down there soon and see some of the picturesque scenery. \:D/

BlueRidgeKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yah... i have family that lives down south of Wilmington.. i grew up going down there a lot.. the outer banks are awesome.. i have yet to go w/my KJ but i have been there and i have tons of pics.. the ferry ride is sweet.. NC has a lot of nice scenery.. by no means is it the best but hell we have the mountains.. we have hills.. the sand hills.. then the coast.. and outer banks.. i cant wait til it warms up a bit and hit some of the trails up here.. of course more pics :)

BlueRidgeKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yah.. my wife wants to get some motorcycles and she wants to goto the Dragon.. its closer to the Great Smoky Mountains park.. at the end of the parkway.. near Robbinsville.. i have seen some HAIRY videos of some of the dumb people who have taken the Dragon TOO fast.. scary.. heh..

Kj_from_Belgium

Reaction score
Wonderful pics !
What tires do you have ? Where did u get your bullbar from ?

Congratulations again !

BlueRidgeKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the brush guard from a guy that makes them for other manufacturers.. he had a website and sold on ebay.. however i got it in 2004 so i looked for the same guy for other people and cant find him.. the tires i got is a long story.. i was going to get a lift and get bigger tires.. but something came up and had to spend $ on my other car and xmas so i needed new tires.. my buddy's wife worked at wallyworld.. so with her discount i got Uniroyal Liberator ATs.. i did a lot of research before finally getting those.. i called Michelin and got the specs.. its made by Michelin specifically for Walmart/Sams Club.. 50K mile warranty.. of course like anything else some people say they sux.. but for everyone that said that i found majority of people.. a lot with other jeeps had these tires and they got 60K+ miles on them.. i live in the mtns as you see.. i have not had any problems going off road.. in snow.. ice.. or even up my steep a$$ driveway in the mud.. plus i couldnt beat the price.. all 5 mounted and lifetime free rotation/balance/tire hazard with her discount was $350 tax included :) im going to get a lift this summer and then get other rims and bigger tires.. that way i can have 2 sets of tires.. i drive sometimes 180 miles a day.. so cant just put big ole tires on there all the time

Kj_from_Belgium

Reaction score
i got my lift 2 months ago. I had no choice cos here in Luxembourg we need pieces with certificates. I had to order Old Man Emu 2", new springs and new shock. They are great, even if it cost me 1300euro, i.e. approx. 1500$. But it's great. I still have my stock 235/70 R 16. You understand that now I need to save some money to change them. I think I will get bridgedtone dueler A/Ts, bigger than 235 but not too much cos I don't want to rub or sth. so I won't get bigger than 245/70R16.

So you have stock size, 235/70R16 right ?

BlueRidgeKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yah mine are stock.. i was going to get a lil bigger but walmart wouldnt install them.. only the stock size.. 235/70/16.. if you have a lift.. you should be able to get a larger tire and get lil or no rubbing.. im not sure if they have the same here on this forum but on LOST they have a tire chart.. has good information on tires that work etc.. without a lift and with a lift..

this is the thread

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=958

here is the pic from LOST

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online