Parts Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freeman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently bought a 2002 Jeep Liberty (Cherokee) 2.4L. It has 178K reading. Now I want to replace the timing belt, tensioner, water pump, engine belt, oil pan gasket and differential seal (front left). Any idea on how long will it take to replace those. I am thinking if I will bring it to a garage which told me that it will take two to three days. And in an express service it would probably take 8 hours and I was given a quote of 1200 dirhams for labor cost, which I maybe paying the same or a little bit lower to the garage I inquired earlier. Will it really take 2 to 3 days. Your comments and advise is highly appreciated.

yewtree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently bought a 2002 Jeep Liberty (Cherokee) 2.4L. It has 178K reading. Now I want to replace the timing belt, tensioner, water pump, engine belt, oil pan gasket and differential seal (front left). Any idea on how long will it take to replace those. I am thinking if I will bring it to a garage which told me that it will take two to three days. And in an express service it would probably take 8 hours and I was given a quote of 1200 dirhams for labor cost, which I maybe paying the same or a little bit lower to the garage I inquired earlier. Will it really take 2 to 3 days. Your comments and advise is highly appreciated.

dont know what the cost of living is like where you are but garages in uk charge £65+20% vat per hour so for 8 hours of labour would be £624, 3834 dirhams, i would say all the above work could be done in 1 day

phil

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to tell what parts/labor cost in other countries, but let us know how you make out with the repairs.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online