Parts costs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in England (South East London/North Kent to be exact). Over here, we have to have an annual safety check (called the MoT) after a vehicle is three years old. Mine failed yesterday, because the front discs were too worn - in all honesty I wasn't too surprised as I thought they were at least on the edge when I rotated the wheels last week. The vehicle is at the dealer having a service as we are off around Flanders in a couple of weeks.

Mopar's price for a pair of new front discs and pads? £490! :favorites68:I think that's US$784 at the current exchange rate. I phoned EBCDirect, and got a pair of EBC discs and Greenstuff pads for £158 (US$252.80)and that includes an extra fee (to the Post Office) for next morning delivery. According to tracking, they were put on the van at 5.30 this morning.

Now, I don't mind Mopar making a reasonable profit, but I doubt if their brake components are £320 better than the EBC stuff!eek2.gif

Vent over (climbs down off box, puts box safely away ready for next time)