Part Time light ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monster

Reaction score
So, still being new to the KJ world, I have a question that for some reason the reading the manual hasn't been able to help me with...

When I'm driving in 2w-hi the "Part Time" light is always on. Then when I pull it up into 4w-hi it is out? The manual seems to state that it should work in the reverse. What am I missing here?

A month in with this truck and I'm in love. ('04 KJ)

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the transfer case posistion sensor is out on it. it's a 60 or 70 dollar part, in the how-to there are instructions on how to swap it out.

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem, it is just an indicator. Mine fixed itself after I went offroad in September.

Monster

Reaction score
Sounds like the transfer case posistion sensor is out on it. it's a 60 or 70 dollar part, in the how-to there are instructions on how to swap it out.

Okay then! Before I finalized the dealio and signed on the line, I had the dealer give me a "repair" receipt for that specific problem...YAY! They did the same for the typical rusting seam under the top rear brake light issue.

Thanks.