p0174 and p0175

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrtulloh

Reaction score
hi guys,
I've got an 07 (3.7l, 4wd, 2.5" lift, 31's)with about 180,000 miles that just started throwing codes this past week. replaced plugs, map sensor, and throttle body to include tps(yesterday). today on my way to work, original shudder and crappy mileage is back after one day. on my scan tool today I noticed my APPS is somewhat erratic at around 12-14%... should I replace this bad boy or what? also, prior to the 0174 and 0175 codes, I had the same two on the other side, they've yet to come back after TPS was replaced. I have done some extensive troubleshooting on this, so please don't ask me to clean my intake... any ideas?

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your o2 upstream sensor wires and check for a vac leak or damage to the o2 sleeve

besides that, the two major co relaters for those two codes are exhaust leak, and malfunctioning fuel injector

Last edited:

mrtulloh

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with the o2 sensors or their wiring. I'm leaning toward accelerator pedal position sensor, fuel pressure issue, or vacuum leak....

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like someone's getting a new gas pedal then. dont ya love that crap? 100 dollar unit that has a 20 dollar sensor on it

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that said, i have a high degree of doubt of the apps causing 174+175.
you didnt happen to fill up with E85 did you?

really need to get some good freeze frame data on that bank and see when and under what condition it's lean or rich
if it's at idle its vac leak, if its under load its a fuel delivery issue

Last edited:

mrtulloh

Reaction score
I actually got the pedal on order from the dealer, should be here tomorrow... and it cost less than autzones version too!!! When driving with the pedal at a light press, I see the most noticeable difference, sputtering and what not. It doesn't really idle too bad, and I've sprayed all vacuum lines and hoses with carb cleaner searching for the suspected leak with no result. Vacuum reading with engine idling is around 15, which should be good considering I'm at 7500 ft elevation . Fuel pressure bounces steadily between 58 and 62, so I'm good there too. I'm at my wits end, hoping it's not a tear down kind of issue...

mrtulloh

Reaction score
Just pulled the freeze frame data and saw that it was 90% load.... weird considering my fuel pressure is perfect... I did notice the TPS was at 34% and the APPS was around 8% somehow.... I really hope the pedal fixes this

hobolurkin

Reaction score
Dead thread revival - to the OP: did this ever get cleared up? If so, how? Was throwing a p0175 this morning, then this afternoon p0174 got added.

Thanks