P0138

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a check engine light, which gave me the code P0138. I was wondering if anyone can lead me in the right direction and on how to replace it. The only thing is I have little mechanical knowledge.
Thanks
Tyam

Tyam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the obd site and the page you posted, they are leading me in the right direction

Thanks
Tyam

sswk06

Reaction score
I just got a check engine light, which gave me the code P0138. I was wondering if anyone can lead me in the right direction and on how to replace it. The only thing is I have little mechanical knowledge.
Thanks
Tyam

Did you drive thru heavy rain recently. Every time it rains hard (or snows in the winter) and the undercarriage gets soaked I get a P0138 code and light. After drying out it goes away after a few restarts. I think something (the harness or sensor itself) shorts out when wet and trips the code. The Jeep always runs fine though. I've been living with this for over a year. Someday I'll figure it out.

Tyam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not the weather in Ohio has been sunny for 4 days so it hasn't been raining but everything is good because my buddies in my lunch period offered to show me how to fix it