Owners Manual Mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe there is some feature that im missing because my jeep was purchased used. Its the only thing that i have not been able to figure out.
Why did DC give us a glove box |----------| this big ,,,, and a manual |------------------------| this big? seriously? am i supposed to keep this in my lap?

BTW im new to the forums, ill throw up a "my baby" page on my site in a few days.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.........there is a slot just above the glovebox that the manual fits in......you have to look for it as it is not easy to find.

Enjoy your jeep.

Dave

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
ahhh! the mystery slot! Well when i made the same logical conclusion i tried to fit it there. No luck, the door wont close. Ill look closer at it tonight to see if maybe theres something jammed back there preventing the manual from fitting all the way in.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^It is a tight fit but it does go in and the glove door will close. Mine does anyway.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, I thought the same thing when I first got my Jeep. I was keeping it in my door pocket till another guy I knew with a Jeep saw me open my door and he told me where it goes.

I thought it was stupid too till I figured it out.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Yeahhhhh not happenin! I tried to just put it in the slot, tried putting something under the book, tried pushing it to one end then the other. It just wont close with the book in that spot.
Oh well, guess ill just put the manual in my safe until the jeep dies or i trade it for a wrangler ;) (yeeeearrrs from now)

Thanks for helpin though!

2003KJ

Reaction score
I tried the slot when I first got the Jeep and it didn't fit well at all. It just stays in the door with my home made first aid kit as well.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how it won't fit, unless you put something else in that plastic cover.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why won't the book fit? That is silly!! Pics? LOL..... Shove it in the pouch behind the passenger front seat. That's where I keep my Haynes manual.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why won't the book fit? That is silly!! Pics? LOL..... Shove it in the pouch behind the passenger front seat. That's where I keep my Haynes manual.
Um, because I don't think mine has a pouch behind that seat? Mine fits just fine in the slot above the glove compartment, even with some tire receipts and such stuffed in the cover :)

2003KJ

Reaction score
Um, because I don't think mine has a pouch behind that seat? Mine fits just fine in the slot above the glove compartment, even with some tire receipts and such stuffed in the cover :)

Yeah mine doesn't have a pouch either. Guess us po' folk with the cloth seats dont get no pouches.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Cloth seats here too. I didnt even get the plastic cover for the manual! I want the Canvas one that comes with the wranglers!

Ken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2005 came with the Green canvas cover with the Jeep name on a leather tag... WooHoo and it fits in the slot too.
:)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine doesn't have a pouch either. Guess us po' folk with the cloth seats dont get no pouches.

Tim.....Mine has the pouch...must be they ran out of rich corinthian leather and gave me the kangaroo pouch leather .......:D

My 05 owners manual also came in a green canvas cover with the jeep logo on it.

Maby something was changed through the model years with the owners manual and the slot it goes in????

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
Tim.....Mine has the pouch...must be they ran out of rich corinthian leather and gave me the kangaroo pouch leather .......:D

My 05 owners manual also came in a green canvas cover with the jeep logo on it.

Maby something was changed through the model years with the owners manual and the slot it goes in????

Dave

I did get the green canvas cover thingy for the manual (and the service interval books) but no pouches on the back of the seats.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get the green canvas cover thingy for the manual (and the service interval books) but no pouches on the back of the seats.
Yeah we've got low-end Sport models so no pouches for the little folks :p and my manual is in a ratty green vinyl cover (ewww...) but the one in my Mom's '05 is the nice canvas.

Latest posts

Members online