Overhead Computer MPG Accuracy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2002_KJ

Reaction score
Hello,

I was curious about what people think of the Avg. MPG data given by the overhead dome computer, in particular its accuracy. After changing engine oil, differential oil, spark plugs, inflating tires properly, etc. I'm getting around 19.6 - 19.9 on paved backcountry roads (I rarely get into the city) with little stop and go and light elevation changes (one of the advantages of roundabouts maybe?). I rarely get on the highway so I'm not sure yet what it does there but before the latest maintenance it was around 21/22 I think on longer trips.

Thanks!

Edit: BTW, before the maintenance work I was getting around 18.2 - 18.5. I'd also like to point out that my driving style has been referred to as "grandpa driving" which even in my late thirties I proudly take as a compliment.

Last edited:

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't really comment on the accuracy, but I think perhaps the best way to determine what your MPG is is to install an inline flow meter and use a GPS to determine the distance traveled.

Latest posts

Members online