OTIS install problems!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshy0077

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is my first time posting on this forum, but you guys seem to be the ones to ask. I recently bought an OTIS comp. off of ebay, and just got my temp sensor installed. I thought there may be a connector that goes to the datalink so I ordered a part from Chrysler parts direct and they basically sent me a datalink with a bunch of unconnected wires...so I'm either going to sell that or return it if possible. Anyways, trying to go off the posted instructions, and the recommendations of the person I bought the unit off of, I plugged the wires into the datalink...I did not splice them...will this work?! Also, on the recommendations of the ebayer, I wrapped the ignition control wire around a fuse and plugging it back in (tried #29 and #32) hoping to get some life out of the comp...however, I got nothing. I attached some pictures of what I did...can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I was afraid to splice the wires on the DL because I just bought the jeep CPO and was afraid to void my 90 day bumper to bumper...but it looks to me as though the wire connectors on the datalink should allow wires to be plugged in? Let me know if I'm wrong.

You must be registered for see images

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
I saw u posted the same subject up in general....
this thread will be closed as it's a repeat of the said thread...

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1789

sorry, i know you just want to get help asap, but please refrain from posting twice...

someone will post if they have any answers to your questions..

"how to section" is limited to "how to:" tutorials

thanks

JoN

Status
Not open for further replies.