Ok Need Bull Bar Help **About to give up*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like it bolts to the same place that the front skid plate and the front tow hooks bolt to. Kinda hard to tell by just looking at it though. O:)

sfreddy9

Reaction score
That's right, in the bumper it goes to the where the tow hooks would go.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the brackets the look like lighting bolts, sort of?
You have to access the hole, through the fog light housing door, and the bolt holes come out inside the engine compartment, around behind the head lights, it's a total PITA.
You need two people to do it.

sfreddy9

Reaction score
No, these are just plain ordinary bolts. The bar doesn't go anywhere near the headlights or the fog lights. All of the bolt holes are accessed from under the front and through the bumper. It uses the tow hooks and skid plate holes.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed my brush guard there was 2 nuts that were welded onto a 6" rod. This rod helped you place them in the mounting area (through the fog light access door) and allowed you to start the bolt.

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to give up. Weve got that black plastic piece thats under the bumper half way off, since it seemed to be in the way (which was making it even harder) which isnt coming off very easily so i'm hoping once that dang thing is off all the way we can actually see where this darn thing mounts to. I have NEVER been this frusterated. I am so close to giving up.

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a thought, once you get those holes located, it appears from the photo that you can disconnect those upper brackets. I'd unbolt them if thats the case, and then bolt em to the frame, just to make it easier on yourself.

Not that you didn't already think of that, but hey, i'm trying to be useful here! \:D/

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great suggestion. I tried that....
Here's where i'm confused also.....Im going to post pics that someone posted from another forum to help me.......
Is this little thing an adapter like piece that helps the screw fit into the hole better? If it is, I don't have that....
You must be registered for see images attach

And I have small washers, but none this size.....
You must be registered for see images attach

I just don't know.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02LibertyLimitedChick said:
OMG I think we've finally got it!!!! Pics to follow........
Cool! \:D/ I just posted some info over on L.O.S.T. but if you have it on then never mind. I was fighting my own battle with the Jeep this afternoon, putting in some of those cheap Harbor Freight air horns. Lets see some pics if ya got enough daylight left.

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02LibertyLimitedChick said:
No daylight left but pics in the gallery nontheless.......lol

Ahh, sweet success. Feels good doesn't it?

And it looks spiffy, even at night! perfect10.gif