oily in water coolent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theuns mienie

Reaction score
hi
2004 jeep cherocee crd limited,my jeep loose water and no water leak ever second day i must fillup water in resevoir,and then the water cap look like oil slush in the resevoir .please can some body help me with this problem

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea sounds like a blown head gasket to me. Not good.... if your handy you can do it your self but its not the easiest fix for a novice

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi
2004 jeep cherocee crd limited,my jeep loose water and no water leak ever second day i must fillup water in resevoir,and then the water cap look like oil slush in the resevoir .please can some body help me with this problem

Probably blown head gasket but the oil cooler is water cooled and there could be a cross-contanimation of oil/water in this area too....have a good look at the oil cooler at the front/bottom of the engine where the CAC and radiator are located.:freak3:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw on another CRD forum,Lost I think, that someone had a similar problem with a suspect blown head gasket and fixed it with "Bars Leak Sealant"

I do not trust these sealants too much but maybe it is worth a try before having an expensive head job done!

Members online

No members online now.