Oil Under Passenger Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have power seats and I was outside investigating the potential installation of a underseat subwoofer and happened to notice that on the passenger side there was oil on my rear floor slush mat, the part that tucks under the front seat, upon closer investigation I found a puddle in the chanell (sp) just forward of the right reat fastening bolt, my first though was that it was grease on the rail that may have softened due to the heat, but upon rubbing my hand under the center of the seat I came up with a handful, not sure from where, my head is to big and the underseat area is too small. Maybe the motor(s) are oil filled and one is leaking.

Bob

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's an '05 (as your sig suggests), get it back to the dealer for warranty work. Your assumption as to where the oil is coming from might be right on target. It would really suck to have oil leak on (and ruin) a new sub.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heading on a trip tomorrow with newspaper under the seat, will definitely be at the dealer bright and early Tuesday morning.

Bob

Latest posts

Members online