Oil filters on CRDs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRDKJ

Reaction score
I am sure it has been covered, but after doing an oil change on my crd I figured out I could run a Wix 1515 or comparable instead of the Wix 1516. Just a little more total volume. Thought I would pass the info along in case anyone else didn't know it.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some oil filter brands have a part number stamped into the base of the filter. A little investigation (opening boxes) can turn up finding the same base being used on different length filters. Of course, you have to make sure you have clearance, Clarence.

CRDKJ

Reaction score
Some oil filter brands have a part number stamped into the base of the filter. A little investigation (opening boxes) can turn up finding the same base being used on different length filters. Of course, you have to make sure you have clearance, Clarence.

Agreed.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What oils are most running in their CRDs? All Rotella and Mobil 1 or do they have their own requirements?

CRDKJ

Reaction score
What oils are most running in their CRDs? All Rotella and Mobil 1 or do they have their own requirements?

I currently am running Mobil 1, mainly because I got it when they had 5 dollars off coupons and I stocked up. I have been pleased with the way the oil looks when it comes out.

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using Mobil 1 0-40 Turbodiesel in mine for the last 4 years. It was dealer serviced before that and they only used Mobil 1 as well.