Offroading Snoqualmie Nat'l forest. Video too!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little offroading up in the mts a few weeks ago. Pics and video to prove it happened:

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm running point with my friend's 87 toyota pulling up the rear:

You must be registered for see images

From the window:

Terrain shots:

The 'flex':

You must be registered for see images

Jealous friend trying to be me:

View of I90 from side of mtn:

And last but not least, video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKxl-1JHg5Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWH9f9BIVdg

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is that as narrow as it looks. Scratch the sides of your Jeep up?

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that as narrow as it looks. Scratch the sides of your Jeep up?

It is every bit as narrow as it looks. And some trails are narrower. Yes, my paintjob is nicely pinstriped. My friend with the truck in the pictures got two broken KC light covers and cranked back two of his lights on their mounts by the time that trip was done.

I know I've posted this link several times before, it's really good for illustrating just how tight some of the trails are out here. Not sure if you could even come up some of them with a really large 4wd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t27Z3Jh733U

On many occation I have taken a branch, hard to the face while driving in my truck.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Jeep and pics.....do ya like those Yoko's???

Yeah, for my driving profile, they're the best tire I've owned. They have good on-road manners and they're extremely good off-road. I've still got excellent tread life left on them and I'm over 30,000 miles with 'em. Highly recommended to anyone who wants a good AT type tire. And they're not expensive either. Ran me about $91 per from TireRack.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, for my driving profile, they're the best tire I've owned. They have good on-road manners and they're extremely good off-road. I've still got excellent tread life left on them and I'm over 30,000 miles with 'em. Highly recommended to anyone who wants a good AT type tire. And they're not expensive either. Ran me about $91 per from TireRack.

Great....they come in the right size I want (235/70) and are $114 a tire....:)

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked the tirerack price for 235/70/r16's and they're $98 (doesn't include shipping or anything).

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just checked the tirerack price for 235/70/r16's and they're $98 (doesn't include shipping or anything).

I have the (censored) 17" rims.....hard to find a good tire for.

I really like the Yoko's....:)

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the (censored) 17" rims.....hard to find a good tire for.

I really like the Yoko's....:)

Aaahh... that clears up the mystery. Yeah, I love tirerack, but be sure to add up all the costs before you buy. Price them somewhere local for the full price, mounted installed and balanced, then calculate how much you'll pay from tire rack, add in shipping, then add in the cost of mounting and balancing. I saved money on mine by going through tirerack, but not a whole lot. I seem to remember the local shop wanted $126.00 per tire and that was the total cost. At the time, I got mine for $91, after adding in the shipping and mounting, I saved around $50.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Aaahh... that clears up the mystery. Yeah, I love tirerack, but be sure to add up all the costs before you buy. Price them somewhere local for the full price, mounted installed and balanced, then calculate how much you'll pay from tire rack, add in shipping, then add in the cost of mounting and balancing. I saved money on mine by going through tirerack, but not a whole lot. I seem to remember the local shop wanted $126.00 per tire and that was the total cost. At the time, I got mine for $91, after adding in the shipping and mounting, I saved around $50.

$50 is $50 though......that's a used skid!!!:)