OEM Vendors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y-Guy

Reaction score
Hey guys I need to order some towing parts, pricewise the Jeep stuff isn't much more than the Draw-Tite hitch.

I really need the two wiring harnesses to add 7-pin wiring for a brake controller.

I've found two vendors; one Wyckoff that was or is a vendor here and autowebaccesories.com - I was a bit concerned by Wyckoff and lack of continued support here, would folks still recommend them?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
makeitmopar.com is the cheapest one out there and very helpful. Just make sure you only order by part number, though.

Y-Guy

Reaction score
Thanks you are right their prices are MUCH lower.

Y-Guy

Reaction score
This isn't to flame anyone, especially the_titan - nobody's fault but my own.

I am beginning to regret ordering from makeitmopar.com now. I placed the order on the 7th, then I get an email on the 9th about Damon updating the prices. I go check that evening and what do I find? The price went up. I check a couple other sites, a bit lower but what the heck I just want the parts now. Then of the whole next day the website is down. Here I sit on the 12th and no sign they have shipped or anything, just says "On Order" - If it takes them 2 weeks to get me the parts that will be the 1st and last time I do business with them.

The hitch I ordered from eTrailer.com the same day already arrived.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the price went up because it says right there on their site that accessories are 20% and the price will be adjusted. Their catalog seems to just take 25% off all parts until they can determine what is a stock part and what is an accessory. Across the top of the site in red, it clearly says "ACCESSORIES ARE 20% OFF LIST PRICE

(Please Note: The O.E. Catalog displays accessories @ 25% off list. Accessories listed in the Accessory Catalog, are correctly marked @ 20% off list. Please use the Accessory Catalog when ordering accessories. You can use the O.E. Catalog,however be aware that you will be contacted to approve price changes.)
"

I noticed the site was down the other day, too, but so were a couple other Jeep and Mopar parts sites, because they all use trademotion.com, which went down. If you REALLY looked, the title bar of IE did load and said makeitmopar.com, and then the error message said trademotion.com blah blah. Parts on order? Of course. If you order something obscur, they are going to have to order it. I would suspect they will have it in 2-3 days, they always have for me. I would say 90% of my orders went out the same or following day, a couple times the parts had to be ordered and shipped a couple days later than usual. I don't know what kind of impatience you have, but come on, other sites stock 20 some parts and that is it, with makeitmopar they allow you to order ANY Mopar part provided you have the part number or can find it in the catalog - they are not going to be stocking every single one of those.

But yeah, I have had one or two annoyances with them, but they fixed it ASAP and were courteous...what more can you expect.

Y-Guy

Reaction score
I hope what I experienced was just a hick up, but I can honestly say I really don't recall seeing the red message when I placed the order - maybe it was there. But as a new buyer it sure wasn't clear that prices may go up. As for being down, yes I noticed but for some time nothing would load, so I couldn't tell if the issue was with their store front or their website. Just seems like its taken a week just to get an order in the system, most internet dealers I've worked with don't take that long, usually within a day its processing and shipped a couple days later. Maybe I am being a bit impatient.

Latest posts

Members online