Odd Vibration....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tricky78

Reaction score
Hi all. Looks like that was it! Replaced both u joints on the back shaft and it runs nice and smooth.

Thanks again everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatsMrGimp2U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Looks like that was it! Replaced both u joints on the back shaft and it runs nice and smooth.

Thanks again everyone!

Glad that took care of your problem. How did you know what size U-joints to get? Looks like rock auto shows two different sizes. I need to tackle this soon... Getting a rotational thud sound when braking at low speeds. I have a sport model, so I assume its going to be the smaller 3 1/2" OD yoke. Just wondering if there is a way aside from measuring to tell.

Tricky78

Reaction score
Glad that took care of your problem. How did you know what size U-joints to get? Looks like rock auto shows two different sizes. I need to tackle this soon... Getting a rotational thud sound when braking at low speeds. I have a sport model, so I assume its going to be the smaller 3 1/2" OD yoke. Just wondering if there is a way aside from measuring to tell.

Yea they are two different sizes. At least for mine. 3.6L 6 speed. Was a smaller joint at the back and a larger at the front of the shaft. I will get the part numbers off my receipt then.

Honestly, taking them off your jeep and bringing them to the store is best. Careful with the needle bearings! Also the replacement towards the front came with a grease nipple. Not sure if all the after markets have them...but that one did.