Noisy power window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fallstiger75

Reaction score
Newbie here, I've had my Lib new since 05..I have a screeching driver side window when it goes down, not always though, it seems that the seal is being folded down and rubbing, like nails on a chalkboard and LOUD..I've tried silicone on the interior glass(no better)...does anyone else have this issue?

dmblair78

Reaction score
This issue has been driving me crazy for the last year. I have completly gone through and cleaned that damn seal and window numerous times, only for it to come back. I even took the door panel off once to get a better look at it. I really can't figure out a rhyme or reason as to when it happens. Happens on days when it's raining and happens when we haven't had a drop for weeks and it's super dry out. I don't know. I hope someone will chime in and solve this for us. Just had a few more gray hairs come in while typing this reply! :shrug:

raekira

Reaction score
I get this too! Only on the driver's side. Usually I just roll it back up and try again, and it's fine. I figure my Libby just likes being eccentric.

jp22l

Reaction score
My driver side rear window did the same thing for the first two years that I owned the jeep. Then one day the window regulator abruptly died, put in the aftermarket one and it has been quiet ever since.