No sound on the right side!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwitchRider

Reaction score
Hello,
Here is what I have done to date to troubleshoot this issue.
- taken front speaker (w amp) and tried it on the left side: it works fine
- I have done a continuity test on the wires from the radio to the right speaker: all wires were ok
- swapped out the radio: still no sound on the right side
Is there a power lead or ground that i should be checking around the right side front speaker? I'm a little stumped.
Thx,
Q

VeitzJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your fuses. It's so trivial, but it's often overlooked. My front power outlet seemed like it had a bad connection, but turned out the fuse was bad but a spark was arcing accross. New fuse, problem fixed. They often blow when you mess with any wires.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that your amp is bad, maybe a bad channel?

Is it just the front speaker, or all right side speakers?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm guessing the amp got disconnection, and or the speaker too.

TwitchRider

Reaction score
Hello,
Thanks for the help. I know we can get this fixed.
- fuses have been checked & all are ok
- I'm going to say that the amp is fine. I swapped it with the left side & all (left) speakers worked fine
- I have gone through & ensured that all connections are good

gdherrera

Reaction score
Bump,

I'm having the same exact problem but it seem to work when don't tighten the speaker all the way to down which leads me to believe that its a wiring issue maybe something is getting grounded.

the only difference is that mine is on driver side.

i know the speaker is blown so will replacing the speakers and using the stock amp fix this?

jguthrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it an old amp that has a balance potentiometer? Possibly set to max left while tuning? ;)
Otherwise, I say ground somewhere.

TwitchRider

Reaction score
Update

Hey KJ's,

Ok here is the update. It is the Radio Choke. The "Wonderful" engineers @ Chrysler have installed a relay (aka radio choke) that controls the power feed to the premium speakers. When u turn the radio on...the relay activates & the speakers power up. I really think it would be better if they just had regular head units...sooo much easier. I have ordered 2 replacement relays from e-bay & we will see if i get sound back on both sides. I will let u know how it goes.

Q

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced everything when I had this problem. HU, wires, and speakers. Took everything Chrysler completely out of the equation.
I do remember looking at the wiring diagram and suspecting the choke, but decided just to nuke the problem instead of going for the precision strikes.

TwitchRider

Reaction score
It's Fixed!!!!

OK....I spent the afternoon and rewired the positive & negative feeds to the speaker. I now have sound.

8gti9

Reaction score
Hello, driving back from minnesota and all of a sudden the front pass speaker goes out on my '03 liberty. Checked the fuse and took out the radio to check the connector on the back of the radio, everything looked ok.

Can anybody pls guide me on where this so called "radio choke relay" would be located at.

thnx

Latest posts

Members online