NGK V-Power vs. Bosch Platinum+4 Spark Plugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kristopher

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the spark plugs on my 2002 Liberty Sport and am currently wondering which of the two brands (NGK V-Power & Bosch Platinum+4) offers better performance/durability.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Save your money and get copper plugs. better performance anyway and you won't have to worry about burning out a coilover.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else. Just use the NGK copper core plugs. The KJ was made/set up to run on those. They are easy to change anyway. # 6 is the hardest to get to but even so, not really hard. (I just remove my coolant tank.....2 - 10mm bolts) to get a straight shot at it and hand start all of them to make sure I don't cross-thread the aluminum head.

Dave

Kristopher

Reaction score
I agree with everyone else. Just use the NGK copper core plugs. The KJ was made/set up to run on those. They are easy to change anyway. # 6 is the hardest to get to but even so, not really hard. (I just remove my coolant tank.....2 - 10mm bolts) to get a straight shot at it and hand start all of them to make sure I don't cross-thread the aluminum head.

Dave
Would the copper core resistor spark plugs by Autolite be a good choice? I'm not sure if the NGK V-Power plugs are made of copper. Here are the links to both plugs for comparison. Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Autolite Plugs: Buy Autolite Copper Core Resistor Spark Plug 3923 at Advance Auto Parts

NGK Plugs: Buy NGK V-Power Spark Plug 6987 at Advance Auto Parts

Kristopher

Reaction score
You want Champion copper plug part # 434,that is the best spark plug for yout engine.Gap to what it say's on the emission sticker on the radiator support.
I'll definitely get that done this Friday. I'm assuming I'm going to need to drain the water from the radiator in order to remove the water reservoir so that I can have access to the plugs on the passenger side? With that in mind, should I replace the drained water with just fresh water or should I pour an additive in there as well?

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to drain the radiator just the over flow and only add distilled water to HOAT coolant. Just remove the small hose going to the radiator then remove the plastic over flow tank. You can then clean it out. When you install it back in only use Hoat and distilled water.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely get that done this Friday. I'm assuming I'm going to need to drain the water from the radiator in order to remove the water reservoir so that I can have access to the plugs on the passenger side? With that in mind, should I replace the drained water with just fresh water or should I pour an additive in there as well?

You don't need to drain anything. Just remove the two nuts and position it out of the way. Just don't pinch any of the hoses. You can remove the vent hose on top to make it easier.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you use a wobble or a u joint extension you can work around it with around the same effort. either work.