Newbie Considering Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtaylor42

Reaction score
Hello all, I am brand new and considering the purchase of a Liberty. I have searched but have not received satisfactory answers to the questions I have and was looking for help. First I would like to know if I can fit Rubicon wheels w/o a lift and if so what size tires would be needed to make this work? Secondly I would like to know what is the typical gas mileage you see with a 2.5" lift and 245/70R16 setup? I previously had a Dakota which I lifted and put 33's on and regeared to 4.11s and my mileage dropped to like 14mpg. It was killing me even though it was great off-road. I am looking for a bit more of a compromise with a Liberty. Thanks in advance for the help.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2 and a bit inch Old man emu lift and 245/70R16 BFG's for highway driving and i get roughly 12.7 L/100km 22 mpg consumption when i use my 245/75R16 18 mpg mudders on steel sport rims it bumps up to 15.8 l / 100 Kms

city driving about 15 MPG but that is with an Airflo snorkle and a K&N

not sure about the rubi rims we dont get them downunder

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't be happy with the Liberty gas mileage. If you add the skids, lift, bigger wheels and tires, your mpg drops. I get about 15 mpg city and 19 highway fully loaded. When I was stock, I was getting 18 city and 21 highway. Some have their KJ's loaded a lot more than me and get less mpg than me.

You can get 31's on with a 2.5" lift and some get 32's with the Frankenlift.
Rubi rims should fit stock but you will rub a lot if you have the Rubicon's Wrangler MTR's on there also.