new tow hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boblemoche

Reaction score
I didnt order my kk with skids and tow hooks package because there wasent one on the lot. No problem I thought, I can order them later and install them my self but when I asked the parts guy he did not find the right part number so he quoted me all the parts seperatly and it added up to around 700$ lol :rolleyes:

so I bought a set of universal hooks for 25$ and build slightly stronger bracets than factory

You must be registered for see images attach

Boblemoche

Reaction score
The error was to quote parts seperatly. theres a kit at around 100$ i think

nchorselover55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else looking for hooks - check with your local motorhome dealer, or truck accessory dealer. A lot of people buy the Liberty to haul behind their motorhomes and have the hook removed to install the base plate for the hitch. I have a set in my storage shed to put back on if I ever remove the baseplate.

maxinflixion

Reaction score
I merely read the title of this post and the first picture that loaded was the Jeep w/ the front end removed. As I read on, I was imagining you having your front end ripped off by subpar aftermarkets.

Glad to see it all worked out in the end. Looks good too!

fatnate

Reaction score
I just got my KK and like the way you built your tow hook setup.
1) Did you have to remove the front of the KK, or did it just make the install e-zer?
2) Do you think you could of used some D shackles instead? Is there not enough room?

Boblemoche

Reaction score
I just got my KK and like the way you built your tow hook setup.
1) Did you have to remove the front of the KK, or did it just make the install e-zer?
2) Do you think you could of used some D shackles instead? Is there not enough room?

you have to remove the bumper to have acess to the hole just above the hook bracket to insert the nuts. Mabe you could get away with nutzerts but it must be a pita to install them with the bumper on

I dont think D shackles take more space then hooks but if it fit or not will depend mostly on how you do your brackets. Btw i had to trim a little bit of the bumper to make them fit

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice job. Nice KK too.

Dave