New to this forum.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

megatone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, i just bought my daughter a Liberty....she loves it. She is 17 years old now.....

On her 16th birthday I gave her my old 1980 Honda Civic. I told her if she drives it for one year without wrecking it or getting any tickets, I would buy her any car she wants (within reason ofcourse). At that time she said she wanted a blue Jeep Liberty. I then printed a picture of a blue Liberty and taped it to the dashboard of the Civic (where the picture stayed for the entire year). Every day she drove that Civic she was reminded of the Jeep Liberty she wants....the Civic has no air conditioning, no power steering, no power windows, no radio, no sunroof, no options of any sort, the floor doesn't even have carpet, it's covered with a rubber mat (stinks really bad in the summer time).....plus the Civic has over 400,000 miles on it and nice powdery oxidized banana yellow paint....couple primer spots....it's a cream puff. She learned to drive in that car for a year (as both my other kids did). And now she has her Jeep.

I did the same thing with both my other kids on thier 16th birthdays....they had to drive the banana slug Civic for a year before they got the car they wanted for thier 17th birthday.

My other kids are Jacob and Destiny.
When Jacob turned 17, he got a red 1993 Mustang GT convertible (which was actually my old car that I had parked in the garage for 2 years). (So the price was right, free). One day, this car is going to be a valuable classic car.

When Destiny turned 17 she got a burgandy 1996 Impala SS. This car is kind of a gas hog on city streets, but does good on the freeway. The seller was asking $7,000 for the car, but I flashed him $5,900 and he took it. One day, this car is also going to be a valuable classic.

Poor kids of mine....tortured with driving the beat-up, super-ugly, banana Civic. But the rewards were worth it, for both them and for me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
That is a great plan! I'm glad it has worked out so well for them and you. :waytogo:

(welcome)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No power steering? Your daughter must be strong!! :rofl: You're a good parent. You've done well!

Berthram

Reaction score
Need to save my 2008 Wrangler for my future kids. Bet by the time they'd be able to drive it the cars would need no driver no wheels or smth like that