New Member from Kuwait

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aquarius

Reaction score
Hi im Liam and wanted to thank the Jeep admin for allowing me to join in....

i have been searching for an answer to my problem for the vibration thats coming when accelerating from 90kph up to 120kph on my 2004 jeep liberty sports. btw, i bought the libby with over 200,000 km on the odometer already. Parts replaced/performed hoping vibration will disappear are the following; replaced all tires, wheel alignment and balancing, replaced upper control arm, struts and shock absorbers, drive shaft axle, engine mount, transmission mount, stabilizer link, lower control arm ball joint. i have read some comments by searching on google that such vibration problem during acceleration might come from a faulty front half shaft and needs to be replaced.

Furthermore, i've also been experiencing that during overtaking even at 60kph-80kph, i still need to double pump the gas pedal for the engine to power up to accelerate. And i had just an engine tune-up days ago.

I need your technical assistance on this gents before sending my car in the workshop again to replace the front half shaft. Please advice also the part number of the half shaft or other part that you will suggest that i should change.

Thank you very much and looking forward for your kind assistance.

More power!!!

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Aquarius. When you say half shaft do you mean the CV axles or the intermediate shaft on the passenger side?

For the intermediate shaft here is a part number
INTERMEDIATE SHAFT 84270 - Automotive Parts Unlimited

For the CV axles it is best to go with re-manufactured or OEM rather than after market. I don't know what your part availability is there but maybe someone can reman your CVs?

Latest posts

Members online