New Liberty owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dorpmuller

Reaction score
By accident, actually. My wife and I are Civil War re-enactors and wanted something for trips and with room for hauling. I looked at everything from an Outback to a PT cruiser, until I read Internet horror stories about the PT's and couldn't locate an Outback with less than 75-100,000 mi.

At a local dealer I spotted the Libby-an '04 Sport loaded and did the double-take and took 'er for a ride. Loved it right away and my wife was sold on it before she even sat in it. It's deep molten red with charcoal interior, fabric seats, CD with Infinity speakers, steering wheel stereo controls, the whole kaboodle. At ~13,800$ with 38000 mi. it was a no-brainer. As a nurse my wife will get good use out of 4WD here in central Pa. So will I! I photograph trains as a hobby and get into some pretty rough areas to get good shooting spots.

Forum here is great-I've been lurking for about a week and the info here really helps. The upshot is that I have the Moog lwr. ball joints going in tomorrow and just had the transmission flush job done and transfer case fluid changed out. (Trip to Va. this weekend) I will never take any chances with front end issues!

Looking forward to more posts here!

Rich

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome

Welcome to the forum.

Where ya going in Va.? I have some friends/family the re-enact in Abingdon and Chilhowie (extreme SW va.)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting ready to tell you about the lower balljoints! Thats awsome your taking care of that. Have fun with the little guy, hope you never have any problems out of it!

Dorpmuller

Reaction score
Re: Welcome

VTNomad said:
Welcome to the forum.

Where ya going in Va.? I have some friends/family the re-enact in Abingdon and Chilhowie (extreme SW va.)

Thanks-we'll be in Cedar Creek.

Rich

Dorpmuller

Reaction score
priell3 said:
Welcome to the site and congrats on your Liberty.
Where in Central PA?

Mifflinburg, Union County.

1st mod after the lbj's is lighting-I have Really Bad night vision.

Anyone know of drop-in replacements for the headlights? Lows don't throw far enough and highs are too dispersed. Thought about Hella 500's to add.

Rich

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trains, did I hear trains!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> I moderate on a couple of model railroad forums. :-$

Welcome, you will love your Liberty.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Dorpmuller said:
priell3 said:
Welcome to the site and congrats on your Liberty.
Where in Central PA?

Mifflinburg, Union County.

1st mod after the lbj's is lighting-I have Really Bad night vision.

Anyone know of drop-in replacements for the headlights? Lows don't throw far enough and highs are too dispersed. Thought about Hella 500's to add.

Rich

Are you looking to upgrade the existing lighting, or add some more? If you're gonna upgrade, the Sylvania Silverstars seem to be a very popular choice if you're just looking to replace the bulb. If you're looking to add, the Hella 500's are also pretty popular.

Also, do you have fog lights on your KJ? If you do, try using them at night, they make a big difference in lighting up the road.

Dorpmuller

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Are you looking to upgrade the existing lighting, or add some more? If you're gonna upgrade, the Sylvania Silverstars seem to be a very popular choice if you're just looking to replace the bulb. If you're looking to add, the Hella 500's are also pretty popular.

Also, do you have fog lights on your KJ? If you do, try using them at night, they make a big difference in lighting up the road.

Looking to add. Fog lites-which I have-are good for close up but I need a thrower. Just can't see far enough. (Aeh)

Rich

Jaysus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dorpmuller said:
2003KJ said:

Looking to add. Fog lites-which I have-are good for close up but I need a thrower. Just can't see far enough. (Aeh)

Rich

I am actually thinking of doing the same thing... there are a couple treads in here with some options. I want to find a way to mount mine on the front bumper without blocking much of the grille.

I am in Central PA too... how far is Mifflensburg from Harrisburg?