new libby owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfaas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I joined the Jeep family yesterday. Got an 06 Liberty for Christmas. Brand new, had 29 miles on it when I got it home. I've always wanted a Jeep and I finally got my wish! Let's just say I had an amazing Christmas.
I have a lot of plans as far as upgrading it. Any suggestions on what to do first?

Thanks,
bryan

frikki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Best Christmas ever, I'd say.
Before deciding on mods, what do you plan on using your liberty for? Do you plan on offroading much, or are you more interested in audio, tech gadgets, or 'street-style'?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bfaas. congratulations on the KJ, and welcome. That's got to be a cool Christmas present.

First thing to do... is get it in some mud. It's a Jeep after all! (Cheers)

Second thing to do... upgrade the tires.

Third, post some photos!

bfaas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll be doing moderate wheeling nothing too serious but definitely want to upgrade the tires and i'll be looking to puta new deck in along with subs eventually.

here's a pic i took this morning...

You must be registered for see images

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get extra points for buying a Midnight Blue. Geniuses buy Midnight Blue ;)

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Jeep gang, and what a great Christmas gift!!!!!!!

Go get some new rubber under it. While the stock tires are new you may get some good trade in value for them. Enjoy your new toy and have fun with it.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You drew my attention to the tires with that comment and I noticed the rims. I had never even really looked until now and I realize how much prettier the Limited rims are, besides being larger. Smaller spokes and 6 instead of 5. It's subtle but does make a bit of difference.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What? You mean none of you went with 22s and spinners like me? I thought it was a very Jeep thing to do.

bfaas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
What? You mean none of you went with 22s and spinners like me? I thought it was a very Jeep thing to do.

oh i'm in the process...gonna lower it too ](*,)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bfaas said:
the_titan said:

oh i'm in the process...gonna lower it too ](*,)

Dont forget the hydraulics.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What spinners. That's old school. You need these:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nt9yl6jmjZQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nt9yl6jmjZQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
What spinners. That's old school. You need these:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nt9yl6jmjZQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nt9yl6jmjZQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I would NEVER put those on anything I will ever own, but I gotta admit, the technology is kinda cool and if you are trying to advertise a business on a show car or something at shows (no, not on a Jeep of any form), that would definitely attract attention.

Latest posts

Members online