New kid on the block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dark_Passenger

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm Cody and I live in Colorado Springs. Just moved here not too long ago after a 6 year stint in Germany. This is my first time owning a Jeep and so far it is everything I had hoped for (even though a "jeepster" in a wrangler told me that this is not a real jeep because it has IFS pfshh). I am looking forward to reading up on all things KJ/KK. I will be sure to use the search function before asking any dumb questions :gr_grin:

I will try to keep my post short(lol) but I tend to ramble so forgive me. Here is my abbreviated story that brought me to buying my 2009 KK. Once I landed back in the States, I needed a car so I bought a 2006 Ford Escape (2WD 2.3:thumbsdown:). As I moved cross-country to Colorado, my engine blew right in the middle of Kansas (less than a week after I bought the car :favorites68:). I ended up renting a Uhaul and towed it the rest of the way. Once I got to Colorado, I purchased a 2.0 focus motor. I didn't make a typo, I bought a smaller engine because it was a $1,000 cheaper, had 25,000 miles, and was a plug-n-play swap. I picked up a cherry picker and swapped the motor in the hotel parking lot. I drove this piece of crap for 4 more months until my transmission started to go (the engine ran like a dream). Finally, last week I was driving through town and that ****** started slipping worse than hot chicks in an oil wrestling match. I immediately limped it over to a dealership and traded it in on my KK.

So far I love this Jeep, it goes without saying that it is a thousand times better than my Escape. Now that I have 4x4, we can actually go hiking in semi-remote areas woohoo. And with winter approaching, I am not so worried about getting stuck. In March, my escape got stuck in 3 inches of snow. I kid you not, a jeep liberty pulled us out that day.

Mods so far: None. Bone stock. You can't really call this a performance mod but I have torn some stuff apart. This jeep will mainly be used for my wife and I's business (dog handling) so I gutted the rear and set it up for dog crates :blah:

Future plans: For realistic "upgrades", a lift and better shocks are in order. More aggressive tires are definitely a must (to include a second set of rims with snow tires). I have a flowmaster super 44 lying around that I will probably throw on there to give it some growl. Brush guard, skid plates, blah blah the typical 4x4 stuff. For the unrealistic mods that I am sure every KJ/kk owner faps to......the SFA swap. I probably will never get around to that one because at the end of the day this will be a "work" vehicle.

Anyways, enough of my rambling. Here is a picture from our trek out to Beaver Creek State Wildlife Park just south of Colorado Springs.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice KK! Welcome to the forum!

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you finally ended with a nice jeep, congrats! That's a nice panorama pic, you must have more show soon. Enjoy your stay here..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Nice Jeep.

Dave

Dark_Passenger

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. I took the KK out on a little adventure up Pike's Peak this weekend. We ended up taking a trail off the main road and I captured this shot

You must be registered for see images

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice shots alot of good plans. I like doing the mods under $100 thread. Some really easy ones anyone can do for cheap. I was at colorodo spring once loved it same with pikes peak. My ears werent popping until the way down.