New jack stands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought myself a new pair of 2 ton jack stands today. Chrome even! Their actually nothing special, but I have decided that I want to take on rotating my own tires from now on. I'm going to work in a five tire rotation starting once I hit the 6k mark to use up the spare as well. It may be a while before I decide to spend the $$$ on new tires, so I guess I'll have to make a go with the stock tires. I'm dreaming of Revo's...

Does anyone have more then 2 ton jack stands?

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
I bought myself a new pair of 2 ton jack stands today. Chrome even! Their actually nothing special, but I have decided that I want to take on rotating my own tires from now on. I'm going to work in a five tire rotation starting once I hit the 6k mark to use up the spare as well. It may be a while before I decide to spend the $$$ on new tires, so I guess I'll have to make a go with the stock tires. I'm dreaming of Revo's...

Does anyone have more then 2 ton jack stands?

You can get jack stands that are rated higher. So unless you're talking about a big rig, I think Sears will have the right one for you... \:D/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Craftsman 3 ton High Lift (Lift Range 13.5 to 21 in.)
You must be registered for see images

Craftsman Professional 3-1/2 ton (Lift Range 12-15/16 to 20 in.)

Craftsman Professional 6 ton (Lift Range 15-3/8 to 24-5/16 in.)

Craftsman Professional 12 ton (Lift range 17-1/2 to 27-1/4 in)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't 2 ton enough, considering that it only has to hold up one wheel (or 1/4 of my KJ)? I'm using it as just a safety on if the jack gave out.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Isn't 2 ton enough, considering that it only has to hold up one wheel (or 1/4 of my KJ)? I'm using it as just a safety on if the jack gave out.
You asked...
grogiefrog said:
"Does anyone have more then 2 ton jack stands?"
So I supplied a few others. :iconbiggrin: Really the 2 ton stands are alright, and it's all I have (from when I used to do bigtime work on my neon). If I needed 4 of them to toss the Jeep up on stands for a week (or more) I'd pick up a set of 4 of the 3-1/2 ton stands (just to make them all match) and I'd keep my pair of 2 ton stands available in case I needed to do work on another vehicle. Other than that for just tire changing and such I think the 2 ton stands are adequate.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4Factor said:
Other than that for just tire changing and such I think the 2 ton stands are adequate.

That is what I figured. It's just for saftey while changing single tires. No need to ruin anything. Thanks.