New Guy... Just got my CRD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matford

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking on here for a few weeks as I've been seeking out a new car. This site has been very helpful and informative while I was making up my mind.

Last night I finally took delivery of a brand spankin' new Silver Liberty CRD Sport. It's got the tow package, limited slip rear end, skidplates, sunroof, and sirrius radio. The CRD is everything I've been waiting for in a vehicle... Compact, versatile, rugged, powerful, efficient. (Relatively)

Immediately after we picked it up, my wife and I took her on a short 60 mile maiden voyage. I really like the way it drives. The torquey diesel makes acceleration and highway cruising seem effortless. It is so quite, it is almost scarry. We were driving around town last night (Portland, Or) and she was barely turning over 1000 rpms.

It really feels solid too. I get the impression this vehicle will be a lot of fun when we do some exploring around here. I also can't wait to drive it up to the mountain when the winter comes around again. I'm going to be using the vehicle to tow our Motorcycles to race tracks all around the area. I can't wait to hook up a trailer to see how it handles the load going over the mountains.

I filled it up with diesel last night and both of the station attendants came out to see what I was doing. They were astonished to see me using the green pump. I also own a Golf TDI and I've never had them come up to me like that before. I guess they are used to VW diesels. They were talking about the car the whole time I was filling it up.

I know there are a few people who think diesel technology isn't worth the extra cost of admission. (My dad for one) but personally, I like being an early adopter of technology. Pretty soon, everyone will get a chance to drive one of the new diesels and they are all going to want one. I guarantee it. There really isn't anything not to like about them.

I'll give some mileage reports one she's a little more broken-in. I'm looking forward to filling it up with it's second tank of Bio-Diesel. I'm also very excited to see what the tuners start doing to this engine. Most of the TDI's i've seen in the past respond very well to tuning. I have a feeling there are going to be some interesting hp/torque and mileage numbers coming. =P~

Needless to say, I'm happy with my purchase, and I am looking forward to chatting with everyone. Thank you for helping me make up my mind!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
congratulations with your new purchase, and welcome aboard.
Glad to hear that we were able to help out in your purchase, and from the looks of it, you are also very happy with the purchase.

Enjoy your new toy, and looking forward to posting with you.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the Jeep family and I am glad the site helped you out.

That CRD has a nice motor made by mercedes, at least that's what I've been reading.

Bennett

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep...welcome aboard. I've owned my CRD since April 21st and I've been very happy with the mileage and performance. There's a few other CRD owners on here, so you'll get some feedback from time to time. The first 2,100 have been very fun miles on my CRD.
Greg

You must be registered for see images

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, enjoy your Liberty.
Some notes:
I have done B50 and lost some power and 1 MPG. I am staying at B20 for now, when I can get some time to get more B100.
The motor is made by VM in Italy, a devision of Detroit Diesel.
Expect some low MPG for first 10,000 miles, this is about how long it will take to break in.
I am getting 20 MPG city with 3350 miles on her.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the CRD and welcome to the group. Don't worry about your dad. You made a good choice. I test drove a CRD and liked it myself! Fun to drive! Let us know about how the towing goes.
(Cheers)

2003KJ

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Congratulations on the CRD and welcome to the group. Don't worry about your dad. You made a good choice. I test drove a CRD and liked it myself! Fun to drive! Let us know about how the towing goes.
(Cheers)

Stole it from me before i could even post....LOL.

Welcome to the site. Helluva vehicle if ya ask me =D>

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
grogiefrog said:
(Cheers)

Stole it from me before i could even post....LOL.

Welcome to the site. Helluva vehicle if ya ask me =D>

That's right. I know you test drove recently too. Good ride indeed! I would spring for one now, but my Libby is just a baby.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the CRD, you're going to love. I've been driving mine now for 3 years and it's great!

Ian

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
n3qik said:
I have done B50 and lost some power and 1 MPG. I am staying at B20 for now, when I can get some time to get more B100.

Are you able to find B100 at the pump, or are you making your own brew?

matford

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'll be towing for the first time next week. I am very curious how she handles the load. (2000lbs)

I gotta say the sirrius satelite radio is a nice option. I'm really digging it.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
matford said:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'll be towing for the first time next week. I am very curious how she handles the load. (2000lbs)

I gotta say the sirrius satelite radio is a nice option. I'm really digging it.

Let us know how it goes!

pics2.gif

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
matford said:
I'm looking forward to filling it up with it's second tank of Bio-Diesel.

Welcome! Keep us up on your experience with the biodiesel too. What blend are you using?