New Guy 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1quick1

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My name is Chad and I'm new to the site. I just finished up a deal yesterday on a new 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport. I won't get it until tomorrow because it had to be ordered and picked up from another dealer over 50 miles away. I go in tomorrow to pick it up and finish the paperwork. I think I got a great deal on it on top of the 5yr. 0% Jeep APR. My Dad works for Jeep and has had several Jeeps in the past so I'm not stranger to them. Either way this is my first Jeep and my first brand new car so I will be browsing this site soaking up all the info I can.

Sorry I won't have pics until I get done playing tomorrow. It's a pretty basic model without all the features except cruise control and the V6. (I'm poor just graduated College) I went with the 6spd because a.) it was cheaper b.) they are a blast. It will either be Black or Patriot Blue.

First couple questions is what is the best way to break the new engine and clutch in?

Thanks and I look forward to all the info from this site!

2003KJ

Reaction score
First off, welcome to Jeep KJ. I think you'll find lotsa useful information here and learn a ton about your Jeep, that you didn't know. Look forward to seeing some pics \:D/

As far as breaking in the engine and clutch, take at easy on her for the first few thousand miles. Don't redline it, drop the clutch to have squeeling the tires, or anything that you know wouldn't be good for it. Just use basic common sense and you'll be fine. After say, about 5 thousand miles, thats when the fun begins!!!!.....LOL.

Again, welcome to the site! Look forward to seeing you around more \:D/

1quick1

Reaction score
I previously had a 95 Camaro Z28 w/6spd. manual and now I've been currently driving a 90 Plymouth Laser turbo 5spd manual so I'm coming from sport cars to the Jeep. That's why when they presented the 6spd idea to me I was definetly not against it.

Pics will come tomorrow. Looks like I'm going with Atlantic blue as my final choice. They couldn't get there hands on the other two colors if I still wanted the 6spd :( I'm not too picky and I think the Atlantic Blue looks pretty nice.

I am on the other hand a little weary about another stranger getting a 55 mile joy ride on my new car just because I would imagine they aren't as nice to it as I would during the break in period.

1quick1

Reaction score
I previously had a 95 Camaro Z28 w/6spd. manual and now I've been currently driving a 90 Plymouth Laser turbo 5spd manual so I'm coming from sport cars to the Jeep. That's why when they presented the 6spd idea to me I was definetly not against it.

Pics will come tomorrow. Looks like I'm going with Atlantic blue as my final choice. They couldn't get there hands on the other two colors if I still wanted the 6spd :( I'm not too picky and I think the Atlantic Blue looks pretty nice.

I am on the other hand a little weary about another stranger getting a 55 mile joy ride on my new car just because I would imagine they aren't as nice to it as I would during the break in period.

1quick1

Reaction score
Definetly. It's already been a long day and I haven't even made it to night!

How do you like the Atlantic blue Grogie? It's really growing on me.

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats, welcome to the boards. You're going to love your new KJ. Somedays I wish I would have gotten the 6 speed...

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1quick1 said:
Definetly. It's already been a long day and I haven't even made it to night!

How do you like the Atlantic blue Grogie? It's really growing on me.

Love it. Originally I was looking for Patriot Blue, but I specifically wanted a Limited with leather and ABS, and at the time she was it. One thing that I noticed is that the Atlantic Blue doesn't show dirt too bad, being a medium color.

Well be sure to post photos! A six-speed will be fun I am sure!

1quick1

Reaction score
Awesome! The color is definetly growing on me. I get to pick it up in a hour and a half \:D/ Then I'm going to take it for a cruise! I should have pictures soon. Probably tomorrow.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1quick1 said:
Awesome! The color is definetly growing on me. I get to pick it up in a hour and a half \:D/ Then I'm going to take it for a cruise! I should have pictures soon. Probably tomorrow.

Originally I saw an '04 Ram 1500 (quad cab, 4x4) with this color and I loved it. I had not seen a KJ in this color until the salesman first drove it up to my wife and I. It took a few minutes, but we have loved it ever since. Plus it matches my wife's blue eyes. =D>

P.S. The Atlantic Blue looks good with mud splashed across the sides!

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patriot Blue is nice....my wife's '02 was that color :

You must be registered for see images

But she mysteriously lost two cylinders and also wound up with Bright Silver Metallic :

You must be registered for see images

Congrats on your new KJ....you'll like it.
Greg

1quick1

Reaction score
Alright I signed all the paperwork and got her home yesterday. I had to drive it home on the highway about 30 miles so I varied the rpm's by switching between gears 4-6 to help with the break in process. So far I'm loving it. Rides nice and the steering is great. The manual trasmission shifts nice and smooth. First gear is very short it wants to rev really high going off the line. It has lots of torque so I have no problem cruising around 40mph in 5th/6th gear at 1300rpms. This will hopefully keep gas in check when I'm reving to 3-4k in first. The only thing I don't like about the manual ****** is there is no dead pedel next to the clutch just the panel so you are forced to rest your foot on the clutch pedel since there's no where to put it.

Stock stereo sounds pretty nice. Stock cd supports cd-r's which made me happy. The key is growing on me. At first I thought it was huge but now I kind of like how everything is built in to the key. Nice big trunk with a 12v power supply in the rear of the car will come in handy.

Pics coming soon.