New from AB Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m picking up an 03 Liberty Sport 3.7 4wd in a couple days. Most people talk about lifting their Liberty, I’m more interested in possibly lowering mine.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
IDK about lowering it, keep in mind it's an off road 4x4 vehicle & it's fun to take it off road.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
IDK about lowering it, keep in mind it's an off road 4x4 vehicle & it's fun to take it off road.
I got a truck for off-roading. The Liberty will be a family vehicle, I’ll likely leave the ride height alone. I want it easier for kids to get in and out of, that’s why I’m thinking about lowering it.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen one lowered before, went and got a pepsi after barfing in my mouth. You of course will do what you like, but when you lower a compact suv you've essentially created a station wagon. Maybe that or a minivan would be a better vehicle for running the kiddos around. Not trying to bag on you, but you're not likely to find a lot of support for lowering a jeep here.

Reaction score
I’m not talking slammed, just bringing the centre of gravity closer to terrafirma by maybe 1”-2”. 4wd is very much needed in the winter where I live.

Reaction score
I've seen one lowered before, went and got a pepsi after barfing in my mouth. You of course will do what you like, but when you lower a compact suv you've essentially created a station wagon. Maybe that or a minivan would be a better vehicle for running the kiddos around. Not trying to bag on you, but you're not likely to find a lot of support for lowering a jeep here.
I’m surprised you didn’t vomit from the Pepsi. I much prefer coke.
Anyways…

just for ***** and giggles I was reading about engine swaps. This Liberty has a 5spd manual transmission. Would I need to change the transmission if I were to swap in a 4.7 v8?

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score