New CB!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwitchRider

Reaction score
Greetings,
I have just made an impulse buy at RadioWorld in Toronto. They are having their "Hunter's Specials" and I bought a Cobra 75-WXST (pic attached). I dug through this forum as research and decided on this unit due to the lack of space in the cabin. I think that I am going to grab an inexpensive magnetic roof antenna for the time being to get things up & running.

Attachments

• cob-75wxst_s.jpg
    cob-75wxst_s.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 107

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're going with a magnet mount and still want a good antenna, get a wilson lil wil, magnet mount. Should be around $40-60 at most truck stops.

Way better then the $20 crap with the chrome spring you'll find at crappy tire or walmart.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're going with a magnet mount and still want a good antenna, get a wilson lil wil, magnet mount. Should be around $40-60 at most truck stops.

Way better then the $20 crap with the chrome spring you'll find at crappy tire or walmart.

Now I find this out after I get the crappy one....haha

But now I know which one to look for in my travels though. Thanks.

Dave

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score

I have to disagree with you on that! I've used that crap $20 one from wallyworld and it works better then the 3' fire that I used b4. Its a great small magnet antenna.

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a little wil but I rand into an issue with the set screw stripped out and you have to buy a new base. Well I bought a Wilson 1000 now and things are better. I comes off for parking garages so no need to move the magnet base. I used the magnet from the Little Wil after it broke and used it on th ebottom of the 1000. Life is good. BTW I have the same radio.

Latest posts

Members online