Need helping installing tow hooks on 2010 liberty sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geodog

Reaction score
I can't get the hooks past the front air tab, and I am hesitant to cut part of it out, with the possibility of the hooks still not fitting. I tried to take off the front bumper, but I was unsuccessful.

It would be super helpful if anyone who has put tow hooks on a 2010 sport could tell me how they did it!

or maybe a link to direction to taking off the front bumper would be useful

Thanks!

(sorry, should have posted in the "how to" section)

Last edited:

Jon153

Reaction score
I removed mine from a 2009. I would think they are the same. I believe somebody had some pics posted on lostjeeps. Basically, nothing has to be removed. Those odd shaped u-bolts are designed to have one end go in the hole then loop over and come out the other hole. Then the hooks should mount straight to the bolts. Make sure you are trying to put the hooks on the correct sides, they only fit on the their respective sides.

Twisted1200

Reaction score
I know what you're talking about geodog... those plastic flaps make it very difficult to access the other side. When I installed mine recently, I laid under the truck and used a wrench and my fingers to feel to that other side where the nuts go to bolt onto that ubolt. It's tedious and may take a little while, but it can definitely be done. Getting a work light underneath there with you will help.