NEED HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mthor77

Reaction score
So I’m currently stuck at a gas station because my Jeep won’t move. I was driving along the interstate at about 65. Suddenly the Jeep made a sound and felt like something may have broke. Immediately lost power to transmission. I coasted down the nearest ramp and into a gas station. Transmission goes into forward and reverse and wants to move but something isn’t letting it. It won’t even roll backwards. First I thought the drive shaft broke but it is solid. I did check the transmission fluid and it is full and looks clean. I tried messing with the 4 wheel drive just to see if it made any difference and now I can’t get it out of 4 wheel low. The handle will not go down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Mthor77

Reaction score
So I’m currently stuck at a gas station because my Jeep won’t move. I was driving along the interstate at about 65. Suddenly the Jeep made a sound and felt like something may have broke. Immediately lost power to transmission. I coasted down the nearest ramp and into a gas station. Transmission goes into forward and reverse and wants to move but something isn’t letting it. It won’t even roll backwards. First I thought the drive shaft broke but it is solid. I did check the transmission fluid and it is full and looks clean. I tried messing with the 4 wheel drive just to see if it made any difference and now I can’t get it out of 4 wheel low. The handle will not go down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Quick update. After putting it in park, it will roll but once I put it in gear it like locks back up. After it “locks up” and you put it back in park it will roll again. Also the 4 wheel drive lever easily went down once it u locked in park. Could this be a transfer case issue or transmission?Thanks again!

Last edited: