Need help with "locking antenna connector"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniksder

Reaction score
I am trying to connect a direct fm tuner for my sirius radio, after i remove the antenna from the radio in my 2002 Jeep Liberty, how do i remove the "locking antenna connector", so i can attach it to the sirius connector to be able to plug that into the radio.

Thanks

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, first off WELCOME TO KJ COUNTRY!!!! Second, I'm not sure that you can remove that little thing. I thought I broke mine when I replaced my factory radio...I tried to yank it off with no success. Again, I'm not sure, but you might try getting an antenna adapter specifically for the Liberty. You gotta have one when you replace the radio, so maybe you gotta have one with the Sirius thing too.:)

Nova69

Reaction score
Here's a link to an adapter for the '02 and up Chrysler radios. You might find it useful, depending on the connectors you're dealing with. If not, contact Crutchfield, explain what you're trying to do, and they'll fix you right up.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dwy5v9eyO0o/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=chrysler+antenna&i=12040CR10

But first - by "locking antenna connector", do you mean the black plastic collar found where the antenna enters the radio? If so, you need to pull it up (straight out) and then the whole antenna wire, along with the locking ring will come off as one piece. If you're already able to remove the antenna wire from your radio and you're trying to remove just the black ring from that antenna wire, I don't think you can do that. You might need 2 adapters - one from the old end of the antenna wire (with black ring) to the Sirius attachment in port and then one from the Sirius out port to your radio.

Last edited:

sniksder

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I did get that connection at Best Buy, but now I need, another connection the opposite way ](*,)

So I called Sirius,and they told me to take those items back and they will send me free a convertor that should work with out me having to take anything apart...so we shall see..

thanks