Need help! 2009 jeep liberty rough idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hwahayall

Reaction score
It runs smoothly for a few minutes, then starts running roughly then dies, had p0152
I have changed spark plugs
Maf
And 02 sensors
Fuel pressure is at 58-60 psi

hwahayall

Reaction score
I am ready to just do a part cannon, and replace everything, I can not seem to find a vacuum leak, I tried smoke and got nothing

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I did not, but the original ones were not bad I just bought new with the new exhaust, kept the original and swapped and still runs the same

So I'm confused. You didn't change the O2 sensors? That code is usually due to a bad sensor or ground to sensor (upstream on bank 2).

hwahayall

Reaction score
I did, I was saying that there were no codes with the old, I bought this jeep from auction, I have no idea how long it sat,
So I took it for an 80 mile drive went through almost a half tank of gas, I am now thinking it is the injectors

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
A stuck injector could cause this but you usually also get a specific cylinder misfire code, in my experience.

So the P0152 was after you changed the O2 sensors? This an O2 sensor code.

The NTK sensors are the Original Equipment sensors. I wouldn't use any other brand.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd put a half tank of new gas in it and a full can of Berrymans B12 and see if it clears it out.

Edit: Yeah if you got it from auction, it may have sat quite a while and had some questionable gas! If both sets of O2 sensors are now giving the same code, you probably got some debris in there. Hopefully you can clear it out before you foul the catalytic converter!

If you have a reader with live data, you could watch the O2 sensor voltages and fuel trims.

Last edited: