Need Axle ID to order pinion seal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ztel

Reaction score
2002 Liberty 4x4 Auto 6cyl 3.7L

I have a leaky pinion seal and need to replace it. Parts store in town needs to know which axle I have. They knew all of the information noted above. They said there were a couple different axle sizes I might have and needed to know if it was made in Mexico or something?

Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Would like to get it sorted asap. Thanks in advance.

ztel

Reaction score
Appears to be the Chrysler 8.25. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 Liberty 4x4 Auto 6cyl 3.7L

I have a leaky pinion seal and need to replace it. Parts store in town needs to know which axle I have. They knew all of the information noted above. They said there were a couple different axle sizes I might have and needed to know if it was made in Mexico or something?

Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Would like to get it sorted asap. Thanks in advance.

Is the seal leaking because of end play or bearing wear? or did it just get damaged?

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you cannot determine the axel can you buy new seals for all the options and return the wrong ones (Obviously if not expensive)? I have had to do that before.

Latest posts

Members online