Mystery Air Box Bung? Where does this go to???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overlord475

Reaction score
I was replacing my IAC valve last week and noticed that one of the bungs on my pre-throttle body air mixer box is missing a hose.

Where does this line go to?

Does anyone have a hose diagram for the 02 Liberty?

You must be registered for see images

Thanks!

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that goes to the pcv valve, idk about the 02-04 model years but on the 05-07 its on the engine oil fill neck, maybe someone will post a pic of theirs for you later

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PCV is in the same place on the 02-04s. Your hose fell off at some point and it's sucking unfiltered air in from the engine bay (and your crankcase isn't being ventilated.)

Overlord475

Reaction score
The PCV is correctly routed to a bung post throttle body on the diverside of the air box.

The mystery bung that I'm missing a hose to is on the passenger side of the air box.

Second guesses?

doolop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember right that is unused in the 02-03 models. Mine is bone stock and my manual shows nothing going to it.

Sent by using tin cans and string

Doublecardan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my Liberty, that breather element in the airbox goes into a tee with one end going to the pcv and the other to the breather element, main part comes from the drivers side valve cover. Mine broke as well

Jtslick89

Reaction score
On my Liberty, that breather element in the airbox goes into a tee with one end going to the pcv and the other to the breather element, main part comes from the drivers side valve cover. Mine broke as well
I have been having trouble trying to fix that hose/hoses, were you able to? I don't know the part number or how to buy it? Junkyard maybe? Thanks!