My moms liberty weird noise found

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gabegt90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today I took the libby to my school my teacher looked at it and found out that the lower control arm was sliding on the pin so He tighten it and noise is gone. at least for now. as for the rack he says it's not adjusted right were the pinion meets also the bushing are bad too. the bushing are were the two main bolts go for the rack so I'll defentily take picture of when the rack gets changed in a couple of weeks

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats good. Did you re-align it after that? Thats the bolt that control the caster and chamber isnt it?

Ive heard about those bushings going bad on the rack.. There a pain to change too.

So are you still going to replace the entire rack?

O:)

gabegt90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup that bolt does control chamber and caster yup the rack is going to be done thank god my teacher said it was ok I might do a wrie up

2003KJ

Reaction score
gabegt90 said:
yup that bolt does control chamber and caster yup the rack is going to be done thank god my teacher said it was ok I might do a wrie up

Please do. That's the first i've heard of an issue of that nature...then again your mom's KJ does have some miles on it.