My Jeeps part list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midgear

Reaction score
Here's a list of things I intend to get fer the little Jeep once the funds become available (hurry up tax time..)

What I don't have, but want-

Tow hooks -

Rear Hitch -

Full set of skid plates, minus the front skid -

Factory lightbar -

5 new wheels and tires -

window tint!

fog lights, mabey a factory set along with some mounted on the bumper in front of the grille.

What I have, but need to replace--

Front CV axels (they make pretty noises when torque is applied) -

Front driveshaft (sometimes makes an awful grinding noise at random) -

-Mabey- the rear drive shaft just to say I replaced it.. mine has a healthy coat of rust on it and I get vibrations at speeds around 70 MPH, could be the tires, will wait till new tires and wheels are installed.

swap out all fluids including front diff, rear diff, transfer case, blinker fluid, transmission fluid, new coolant (just because), and change brands of oil.. not sure to what yet, gimme suggestions, I feel that castrol GTX isn't cuttin' it for my 120,000+ miles

Get the entire Jeep detailed, engine bay included..professionally buffed and waxed, which I may do myself when it warms up a bit.. I have some hideous trail pinstripes which I lack the equipment needed to remove.

new springs and shocks, because I seem to hit the bumpstops pretty easily and large bumps are extremely rough (my car could hit these bumps without bottoming out, so im sure the Jeep just needs a new set of springs and shocks and it'll mow straight over them without much hassle)

Change tie rods -

check and replace lower ball joints if needed -

engine work needed:

valve guides are tuckered out and need replacing methinks.. the Jeep goes through about a quart of oil a month, and it just eats it.. doesn't put it in the coolant, it just eats it like its starving.. as if the gas it eats isn't enough lol

and that concludes my list of wants and needs.. I'll update with prices i've found and websites I'll be ordering the stuff from in the future. Suggestions on where to acquire some of these items is welcome!

Midgear

Reaction score
how long does your typical drive shaft last.. ? Mine looks like it's being devoured by rust-

how about the front one? Just replace the joints and call it good?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
would take a lot to rust through a drive shaft no need to replace
front driveshaft you replace or get rebuilt, no u joints to replace in it, have to watch as the rear boot disappears over time and the ball bearings inside rust up and stop moving