My grandmother's 1979 Lincoln Continental...w/ 1900 miles!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You read it right...this car has just over 1900 original miles on it. It is a loaded 1979 Lincoln Continental, with all power options, and a 400ci V-8. \:D/ She bought it new, and the miles she's put on it, have just been here and there around the block once a year, or a small trip to the next town over...just thought I'd share, because I don't think there is another one in existance with this low of milage and this good of condition, unless Ford/Lincoln Mercury has it themselves. =P~

You must be registered for see images

She is considering selling the car, she doesn't drive it enough to warrant keeping it any longer....but we're at a loss as to what to ask for it. It's kind of hard to put a value on a car like this, so if any of you have some collector insight I'd appreciate it. Again, it has all power options, and it all works, it even has the original Michelin Tires, and they're not even dry rotted.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a nice car. I wouldn't sell it if I had space to keep it. I love these old cars.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Wow, that's a nice car. I wouldn't sell it if I had space to keep it. I love these old cars.

Well, she does have the space, it's been garaged since new, while here other cars sit outside, I think she wants to sell it because she's getting older, her and my pap are almost 70, and she doesn't drive it, and she knows that none of us would drive it after they pass away...so rather than leave it sit, she'd rather turn it into cash...she also has a Mustang, and shes thinking about selling both of these and buying herself a new Mustang, or selling all three of their cars and buying one 4x4 (Liberty, or something similar0 because they only need one car these days.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is very very nice. You should buy it from her as it is nice and will have a sentimental value only you will appreciate. As long as you have a garage to keep it in and you can take it out for a ride on warm sunny Sundays do not think twice.

If she really wants to sell it and you don't want it then have a professional antique auto appraser do it ........(or you could call Jay Leno. LOL)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats awesome dude! Im sure you could get a bit out of that thing.. The libby in the background looks better IMHO. Im not much of an old car guy..

Its crazy that your granny wants a Mustang! \:D/

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
cowdogg said:
That Lincoln is freakin PIMP!! Can I say that here?

Be my guest. Car looks blingy!

It seems like a car that would be in a video for Audioslave or some band like that. Not really my style, but I can appreciate the museum quality condition its in.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
thats awesome dude! Im sure you could get a bit out of that thing.. The libby in the background looks better IMHO. Im not much of an old car guy..

Its crazy that your granny wants a Mustang! \:D/

Thanks, the Libby's mine. \:D/

And as far as the Mustang goes, she already has one...she just wants a newer one now. =P~ The one she has is a '91 with 65k miles...go figure, low miles too.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't some singer had pink version of this.

PS: we are not really helping with the thread, he needs appraisal done

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:

I would actually contact a company like Barrett Jackson, explain the situation, and see if they would be willing to recommend someone to appraise it.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those big old 70's cars like that are awesome. My grandparents had a '78 New Yorker like that. The back seat was like sitting in a recliner. That would be a fun car and a good buy own.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
hyedipin said:

I would actually contact a company like Barrett Jackson, explain the situation, and see if they would be willing to recommend someone to appraise it.

I was thinking the same thing!

bur1196

Reaction score
If you know where Sutersville, West Newton, or Herminie is, then we are literally 20 minutes from each other. What kind of price are you looking for on the car, pm me if you would like...Thanks!!

Greg