My Gig - What Kid Of Speakers Do You Have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

airbornekk08

Reaction score
I did an internet search and found just about all the vehicles that have MyGig come with any number of Infinity speakers. It would stand to reason that the Limited edition of the Liberty would too. (Commander, Journey, Sebring ect)

Perhaps the better question would be, does your system sound good to you? Do you like the way it sounds?

The bottom line is, If you don't like it, Infinity or not, you'll change it anyway.

If it were Infinity speakers and sounded like crap, then why would you keep them anyway?

On the other hand, if it sounds really great with good response, midrange and bass, then why not feel great knowing that you DIDN'T have to spend a butt-load of money buying new ones??

spolebitski

Reaction score
Good point ... I in the past have been happy with the sound from the infinity line of speakers.

spolebitski

Reaction score
Yes to me it does ... I want the best speakers available to me from the factory ... just my opinion.

airbornekk08

Reaction score
I noticed tonight, while cleaning out the cargo area in my 08 Liberty, that my subwoofer has the Infinity badge on it.

Go to the stealership and look at a Liberty that you want to buy and check it out that way...

spolebitski

Reaction score
I bet you if the vehicle has a subwolfer (and 8 speakers) it is infinity.

I am trying to get get my questions answered first because the vehicle is 200 miles away and they need to go get it. Every time I ask a question that requires some basic knowledge of something other than the overall price the salesmen seem like they got struck with the "stupid stick" (sorry that is a bit rude).

Thanks for your posts they are helping.

spolebitski

Reaction score
airbornekk08:

You must have MyGig with Nav ... in addition to Traffic does it give you gas prices as well or just locations of the nearest gas stations (or does it not even do that)?

airbornekk08

Reaction score
No, I don't have MyGig.

I have the premium sound package - i.e. 6 disk changer with DVD capability, MP3 playback and the Aux port and Sirius.

I do not have the touch screen with nav and the HDD thingie.

However a co-worker has a Nuvi 200 that gives you nearest services and what-not and iirc, if he paid for a subscription, it would also give him auto traffic updates through Google or MSN or something. I bet MyGig Nav has that feature, eh?

KKDude08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Infinity with the NAV sounds pretty good, but, my biggest gripe is the sub distorts at resonable levels. It sounds like if you replaced the sub unit with a better aftermarket sub then you would be set. Also the flat settings on the EQ are way too bass heavy, and that may contribute to the bass problem.

Last edited:

fatnate

Reaction score
Where is the factory sub located at in the KK? can someone post a pick if they get a seond please?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, Jeep has been using infinity stuff for ALONG time. Got a 1994 Jeep with infinity speakers and the kj's with premium speakers also have infinity..