Mudflaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have them on their KJ? Is there any point, and are they likely to get torn off offroad?

I noticed Bowlers had them, and wondered if there would be much need for paintwork...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you should take that money you were going to waste and put it to a better use like filling your tank. You could probably gas up the KJ and pick up a six-pack too.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not planning on getting them - just interested if anyone did and what possessed them...

gunflint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got some yesterday and will be installing them today. What possessed me to buy them? I won't be doing any rock crawling any time soon, if ever. We won't be doing any off roading up here until the snow melts (usually mid- May) And the likelihood of doing much after that is pretty slim because I live in the middle of a National Forest where any type of motorized use (including ATV's and outboard motors) is considered a crime against nature. And it's a brand new, black vehicle that's going to see a ton of salt over the next six months. Plus the fact that I live on a gravel road.

I will be doing some trail maintenance :^o with the KJ when the snow is gone. I'm responsible for around 50 miles of XC Ski trails but until then I would like to keep the new paint as ding free as possible. I can always take them off.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
They help a lot, and I am kicking myself for not getting them when I first got my jeep.. It is too late now, I got road grime, dirt, and scratches from the debris on the road hitting the side panels in the front, and the bumper in the back, it is like moon surface in the rear. Especially with new asphalt on some roads, that black tar sticks like leech.. I wish I had gotten the deluxe flaps! :(

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the molded mopar ones. They are great! I am not a rock crawler. I like to go out 'trailin' but nothing ********. I'll wait til it's paid off and not the family vehicle before I go and put a lift on, bigger tires, etc... Right now they're saving the paint so in couple of years it will look great when I really start to mod it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got them and I must take them off for offroading. They will get tore slap off if you are on rocks..

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see where they rubbed the paint off.

They would be gone after that..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
look how shiney his doors are underneath the side molding, Mine will never be like that anymore, thanks to lack of mudflaps!!!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
look how shiney his doors are underneath the side molding, Mine will never be like that anymore, thanks to lack of mudflaps!!!

Yea, they do a very good job at protecting the doors. I had them off for a week after that trip offroad and got a chip on one of my back doors. Those tires throw rocks kinda bad though. I have a few dings on the fenders that are attached to the back doors, but thats it besides the new ding. Ive put them back on since then.. O:)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rhinexing said:
Jeepjeepster-
Are your mudflaps the Mopar ones?
-Mike

Yup.. Deluxe molded.. O:)

Edit: Haha, grogiefrog, some rock stacking was done there. Ive got some sliders now though.. No more of that. O:)

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was looking for jeep deluxe molded mudflaps for my 02 renegade. i found that it says NOT for renegade. are there any jeep ones made for the renegade? or do i have to buy universal ones?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Edit: Haha, grogiefrog, some rock stacking was done there. Ive got some sliders now though.. No more of that. O:)

Have you posted pictures yet with the sliders? Your KJ is looking good!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
jeepjeepster said:

Have you posted pictures yet with the sliders? Your KJ is looking good!

Nope.. Ive not put them on yet. Im going to wait till I make another run offroad. No use in keeping all that un-needed weight on the kj. I may only put them on when offroad also. depends on how much trouble it would be to take them on and off.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
BLS WA Chapter SDMF said:
You can't install mud flaps if you have OEM running boards can you?

just not the deluxe ones. (i think)