Mother's Back to Black Prolonged Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For any one who's been using this product, knows it makes everything look all crisp and clean after a good wash. Now from what I've learned from years of use, being it's oil based, it hangs on to dirt and grime pretty well. This is a pic of what it currently looks like.

Mind you, I use soap and pressure washer when I wash. The bottom pic will b what dome elbow grease and a towel soaked in Invisible Glass will do for removal. The dark spot is what 5 minutes rubbing did.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414194077030.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414194077030.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 136
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414194248793.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414194248793.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 141

willy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just that dark 6" section. I tried plain water but window cleaner worked better. Definitely not recommended in my opinion but a good degreaser would work better as long as it's not spray on the paint accidentally for a prolonged period of time. I'm just gonna have to make it a day venture, due to the amount of plastic the jeep obviously has

willy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The faded parts are the actual Back to Black treated areas. Just has a lot of dirt build up. Trust me, I always used it every time I washed the jeep, which is about once or twice a month.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never had any luck with Mothers Back to Black at all. I know it works since others have had luck but for some reason it did nothing for mine. Ended up taking a heat gun to it which took half the time to do and left my bumper solid black again instead of that milky white/black

70AnvKK

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but my .02 is that I used it on my XJ flares and didn't last more than about a month before it became blotchy. Re-applied it and same thing. Ended up using some Rustoleum Bed Liner on them and they've been good for almost two years now.

jcollins

Reaction score
I gave my faded panels a good scrub with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it completely removed all oxidation. The top of my rear bumper is jet black and my fenders are like brand new. I read it on here somewhere to give it a try and it really worked great!

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on my experience, Back to Black will last for a couple of weeks only. Right now I use 303 protectant because it offers UV protection.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on my experience, Back to Black will last for a couple of weeks only. Right now I use 303 protectant because it offers UV protection.

Used Back to Black on a Dashboard, pretty much how long it lasted two weeks. I'll have to get in the garage and check what I use now since I no longer have a vehicle with black interior but I use it on the exterior of the Jeep as well. Its a plastic trim restore and works well. Apply every spring lasts about a whole year since my Jeep is outdoors 24/7.

bendix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I've used it, it seems to work like a "dressing" Similar to wax, once it wears off it's the same as it ever was.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had good results with it at all. I much prefer Wipe New if you're going to just wipe a quick fix product on it.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used it on the door handles and the tires and it makes them really black. It looks good and doesn't give you a "Glossy Ghetto Glow" ........It doesn't last long for me......3 or 4 weeks max. I think the sun beats it up or something.

Just my experience with it.

(good-ole thread...LOL)

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I put it on my Huskyliners and it made them look awesome.

But then it made them slicker than hell and the smell gave me a yuge headache. Would not recommend for that! LOL

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave my faded panels a good scrub with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it completely removed all oxidation. The top of my rear bumper is jet black and my fenders are like brand new. I read it on here somewhere to give it a try and it really worked great!

So how long did the results last from the magic eraser??

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
My weather tech floor mats fade bad & back to black makes em look like new for a good long while.
60012[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Ya all the exterior black plastic trim tho still fades bad in the sun.
Every couple of months I get some more back to black out, with two coats again.
60014[/ATTACH]"]

Inside of door gets pure white where rubber drys out and B2B gets it looking good again.
60016[/ATTACH]"]

So it is ok but not perfect.

Attachments

• BfMHsMN.jpg
    BfMHsMN.jpg
    907.2 KB · Views: 0
  • NrhNsud.jpg
    NrhNsud.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • oMbJiNg.jpg
    oMbJiNg.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 0

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I did my Husky Liners with Back to black once and it gave me such a bad headache.

Best black restore product I've used is Bondo Restore black...it actually dyes trim black.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Headache? -Why the vapors/smell? I apply B2B sparingly on a small sponge.
That Bondo restore black is listing on amazon Canada site at $110....ouch.
Sounds like a good product though.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I might have put it on too heavy but I had to scrub them clean after a day.

The Bondo stuff was like $10 last time I got it at Walmart but that was a few years ago.

Latest posts

Members online