mopar zerk nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ken270741

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am in the process of installing the rest of the mopar skids. I don't have a torque wrench with me right now, regarding the zerk nuts. How far do they need to be tightened when installing the nut into the frame. I have the tool to compress them that came with the skids.....they seem to not get harder to tighten after quite a few turns on the wrench. I don't want to go to far and strip them......should the wrench get alot harder to turn at some point like it is finally tight?? I don't want them to be loose.....could they pull out?????

Thanks

Ken S

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to torque them down to 35 ft/lb like the instructions say but they would never get to that point. So, I just decided they were in good enough and installed the skids.

They took a good beating last weekend and not one of them came out or loose.

Boiler

Reaction score
So the inserts spin? How do you get them back off? I would think the inserts, once spinning, would spin in both directions, unless they have an directional catch.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the inserts spin? How do you get them back off? I would think the inserts, once spinning, would spin in both directions, unless they have an directional catch.
They are octagonal in shape and so is the hole they go in so they don't spin. It is hard to explain why they don't torque down. You can't get them back off without destroying them.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Torque them to 25-30 ft/lbs, it's a running torque so it won't ever get real tight. Check the pic.

Attachments

• transskid1 (Medium).jpg
    transskid1 (Medium).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 12

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont remember mine ever really getting tight. One of mine did strip a little but the bolt went in fine. Just gotta tighten it till you think its good. Then check it.