Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4Play

Reaction score
Hello all. New to the board and new to Jeep. I bought my Liberty in May and have zero complaints. A few weeks ago my buddy used the Jeep to run around town which ended up with the passenger side mirror being removed (don't ask). I have been on Ebay and seen mirrors but they say they are for 02-05, when I look at these I see no difference between them. So I'm asking you guys is there a difference between 02-05 and 06? Thanks for the help in advance. (Aeh)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
4Play said:
Hello all. New to the board and new to Jeep. I bought my Liberty in May and have zero complaints. A few weeks ago my buddy used the Jeep to run around town which ended up with the passenger side mirror being removed (don't ask). I have been on Ebay and seen mirrors but they say they are for 02-05, when I look at these I see no difference between them. So I'm asking you guys is there a difference between 02-05 and 06? Thanks for the help in advance. (Aeh)
No difference, but I hope your buddy is paying for the mirror!

4Play

Reaction score
Yeah he's paying. I already have a long wheel base ten from him ($100).

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
"long wheel base ten" ? First time I've heard that one also.

4Play

Reaction score
Sometimes even in Arkansas we can be colorful. When I get the mirror in I will try to post some pictures. Thanks.

abarkl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased one of those aftermarket mirrors on eBay from one of the more popular resellers and it's junk! It does nothing more than vibrate at speeds greater than 40MPH making it practically unusable.
I contacted the reseller and they sent me another but it was the same. They claimed they've had no other complaints. Today at the car wash after the attendant folded it to avoid breakage and it was caught by the first brush, the cap popped off from the axis arm and now the mirror won't stay locked in any detent position.
I plan to buy the OEM mirror this week. There are just some parts that shouldn't be sold in an aftermarket world!
The reseller did refund my original purchase price.

abarkl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've purchased small parts from RockAuto.com but their customer service is lacking. Are you sure it's an OEM part?

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
abarkl said:
I've purchased small parts from RockAuto.com but their customer service is lacking. Are you sure it's an OEM part?

No I am not sure, but the description said it will at least match OEM.

I've never bought from them before, so I can't say either way.

4Play

Reaction score
I've watched a few OEM on EBAY I will end up going that route. Thanks for the heads up on the non OEM products.

abarkl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the replacement mirror from ChryslerPartsDirect.com today and it works as good as the original. It was only $10 more than the supposed OEM mirror I bought from eBay that wasn't usable at speeds above 40.

Latest posts

Members online