Milk in very top of oil tube and condensation on oil cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Type of oil or where you live seems to have no difference in this
looked at mine today and still don't have indication of any , never have since day one really
But then moparman says I don't live in a cold enough area, but yet people in NC have it
confused:shrug::happy175::happy175::happy175:

Mopar guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil 1 High Mileage 5W-30

I normally run Mobil 1 0W-30, but I got a good deal on the HM.

Thanks, man. Did you do this yourself?

Quickly reading the TSB, it looks like it moves the PCV valve. Correct?

Yes, moves the PCV valve to the drivers side cylinder head, gives it a larger valve opening for more flow, and eliminates the lengthy series of tubes. This will keep any condensation in the system from freezing and blocking a passage in the tube, which will build too much crankcase pressure.

Mopar guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Type of oil or where you live seems to have no difference in this
looked at mine today and still don't have indication of any , never have since day one really
But then moparman says I don't live in a cold enough area, but yet people in NC have it
confused:shrug::happy175::happy175::happy175:
Didnt mean to insult your climate, I am sure your plenty cold there.
Maybe its more based on eliminating short trips, than temperature. When ours was traveling 40 miles a day, we had no build up. Now being it is used on shorter trips and winter weather is here, the build up started. I then noticed a front crankshaft oil leak, that would only occur on weekly freeway trips at 70 mph. Since the crankshaft seal had been replaced once at 60,000 miles under warranty, I couldnt believe it was bad again at 80,000 miles. So I contacted a friend who is a former Chrysler tech, he said before you replace the seal again try this TSB on the PCV system. He then installed it a week later and the truck now has gone 3 months using the same routines, no leak and no yellow buildup.:shrug:

Last edited:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also the tsb is for the freezing of the stuff in the pcv system. I would imagine it would have to get quite cold for that to freeze.

Myself on the other hand would use the tsb to eliminate the little bit of goo I find in the winter months.

Mopar guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also the tsb is for the freezing of the stuff in the pcv system. I would imagine it would have to get quite cold for that to freeze.

Myself on the other hand would use the tsb to eliminate the little bit of goo I find in the winter months.

Yes, and this will take care of that

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, moves the PCV valve to the drivers side cylinder head, gives it a larger valve opening for more flow, and eliminates the lengthy series of tubes. This will keep any condensation in the system from freezing and blocking a passage in the tube, which will build too much crankcase pressure.
Thanks, man.

I'm definitely going to do this.